Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Understood. @rnjscooter posted that link in response to @slinky005 , who asked him what case he was using for the pedalboard he posted earlier. If you follow that conversation chain backwards through the thread, you'll see that he's using an FC-6 and an EV-2 on a 15" x 10" board, which fits perfectly into the 16x10 bag.
Hey Rex,
Turn out that I saw the post above Rnjscooter’s response, (ssmorga78’s brown board with an FC6 and 2 EV1’s), mistakenly thought that was rnj’s board, and that was the source of my confusion. Thank you for being a helpful dude.

Hey Rex,
Turn out that I saw the post above Rnjscooter’s response, (ssmorga78’s brown board with an FC6 and 2 EV1’s), mistakenly thought that was rnj’s board, and that was the source of my confusion. Thank you for being a helpful dude.
What? I've never done that. Honest. You can ask my cats. :)

My board put it together yesterday repurposed the temple audio I had my MFC-101 on

IMG-6346.jpg

IMG-6347.jpg

IMG-6348.jpg

My board put it together yesterday repurposed the temple audio I had my MFC-101 on

IMG-6346.jpg

IMG-6347.jpg

IMG-6348.jpg

I’ve been looking at the temple board but the only thing stopping me is whether the quick release plates would work with the feet still on my FC12.

Were you able to attach the FC to the board using the quick release plates?

I’ve been looking at the temple board but the only thing stopping me is whether the quick release plates would work with the feet still on my FC12.

Were you able to attach the FC to the board using the quick release plates?

What I did was purchase a 12x12" 6mm sheet of plexiglass off of amazon and made a template of the bottom of the FC-6 and then scored and broke the plexi and attached it with 3m dual lock then attached the plates to the plexi. I know with the dual lock and plates its bot going to move at all.
A picture of the bottom of the FC w the Plexi attached

IMG-6344.jpg

What I did was purchase a 12x12" 6mm sheet of plexiglass off of amazon and made a template of the bottom of the FC-6 and then scored and broke the plexi and attached it with 3m dual lock then attached the plates to the plexi. I know with the dual lock and plates its bot going to move at all.
A picture of the bottom of the FC w the Plexi attached

IMG-6344.jpg
That’s a very clever idea! What size of quick release plates did you use?

Thanks.

That’s a very clever idea! What size of quick release plates did you use?

Thanks.

Thanks, I believe they are the medium size plates, mainly that's what I find woks best for all around general attachment. I also had taken them off my MFC so. Im sure If I had 2 large plates they would work just as well.

So the Diago Showman will fit the FC12 and a mission XP and EV1 right? Any info on how good the velcro on them is? I like how flat they are.

The Diego showman board works perfect for me.
View attachment 51900
Like this rig. As I looked at it, something occurred to me too.

There have been statements in the FM-3 sub-forum that an FM-3 and a FC-6 do not work due to the oversized form factor compared to the AX8. People have argued an FM 7/8/9 would be a better form factor. Others have argued that basing the AX8 replacement on the FC-12 form factor would be a better approach.

This board is perfect to look at the assertions that are being made. We have a 20.2” wide FC-12 and two (2) 4.1” EV-1 pedals. The width of the gear is 28.4”. At minimum this would require a 30” wide board.

For FM-3 with an FC-6 and two expression pedals, you have an 11.2” FM-3, an 11.2” wide FC-6 and a 4.1” EV-1. The width of the gear is 30.6”. At minimum this would require a 32” board. With only a single expression pedal, the total gear width is 26.5”. At minimum this would require a 28” board.

As far as the availability of boards for such configurations:
http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/proseries-boards
http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/custom-wiring-accessories

Now consider the alternate form factors (and increase in processing specs) being bandied about, this is where this picture really helps. Anything based on the FC-12 form factor will have the same space requirements as this board. The difference between the FC-12 form factor and the FC-3 + FC6 is 2.2”. This means a 30” or 36” board when looking at the links I provided. Both are still sizable boards.

A 9 or 10 button FM would likely be based on the FC-12 in order to accommodate the extra buttons, extra processing power, and support the thermal budget. The cost increase would be meaningful and the board is still considerably larger than the AX8.

A 7 or 8 button FM would likely only eliminate a single column of buttons in order to accommodate the extra processing power and to support the thermal budget. This would save around 3”. Taking the width down to ~18.2”... more than 2” wider than the AX8. The total width of this device and two (2) EV-1 expression pedals would be 26.4”. Which means at minimum you would need at minimum a 28” board.

By way of comparison, an AX8 and two (2) expression pedals would come in at 24.5” total width and would require at minimum a 28” board. A 28” board is not small. A 7 switch configuration with and FM-3, two (2) Mission TT-2 switches, and two (2) EV-1 expression pedals would have a total width of 23” and would require a board of at least 24”. None of these boards are small.

I found it interesting looking at this picture, using it to visualize and consider all the ideas being thrown around on the FM-3 sub-forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom