Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

My buddy showed up at the house with a plasma cutting table kit and asked if there was something we could make. $20 for a piece of aluminum and $30 to have it bent after we cut it. We had to make it from 2 pieces because the table wasn't wide enough for the FC-12 and 2 mission pedals. Still a work in progress, but you get the idea. Here's a link to a very rough cell phone video cutting it out:

IMG_3733.jpg IMG_3734.jpg IMG_3736.jpg IMG_3737.jpg

My buddy showed up at the house with a plasma cutting table kit and asked if there was something we could make. $20 for a piece of aluminum and $30 to have it bent after we cut it. We had to make it from 2 pieces because the table wasn't wide enough for the FC-12 and 2 mission pedals. Still a work in progress, but you get the idea. Here's a link to a very rough cell phone video cutting it out:

View attachment 53832 View attachment 53833 View attachment 53834 View attachment 53835

That was cool. Your buddy brought that whole huge thing over? Nice, even got the Fractal logo in there :p

Gonna put more stuff on top in the empty space?

That was cool. Your buddy brought that whole huge thing over? Nice, even got the Fractal logo in there :p

Gonna put more stuff on top in the empty space?

He has cool tools and I have a big shop to keep them in. We're both working on old car projects here and it's nice to just hang out and build stuff. He had shoulder surgery and his arm was in a sling when he stopped by and asked if I'd help him build the table kit. The plasma cutter was already here and isn't big at all. We built the kit and had it calibrated the first night and I gave him measurements for exactly what I wanted. He drew it up in software and it cut perfectly the first time. There's slots cut for the pedal and XLR cables, then there's still room for my Shure wireless, and Altoids pick box ;-) The plan is to powder coat the aluminum then buck rivet the ends on for an industrial look. It's designed to fit into a case that hasn't been made yet.

View attachment 53832 View attachment 53833 View attachment 53834 View attachment 53835

That is very cool nice looking Pedal Board ;):guitar:

Here's my setup. I have a power supply mounted underneath the board. The astute observer will note that there is nothing plugged into the Line 6 wireless - I only use it when gigging, and this picture was taken at home. :)

View attachment 53950

That's a nice compact setup. Thinking of doing the same. How are you using the Boss foot switch and morning star if you don't mine be asking?

Last edited:
That's a nice compact setup. Thinking of doing the same. How are you using the Boss foot switch and morning star if you don't mine be asking?

Thanks, it's working very well so far. I really wanted the FC12, but just couldn't find a board layout I was happy with.

Since I went with the FC-6, I use the MorningStar for moving patches up/down and access to the tuner. This lets me avoid using precious FC-6 switch positions for these "non-urgent" (i.e., not in the middle of a song) functions. Also, it's just a really nice little MIDI controller to have around for anything that might come up.

The Boss FS-7 is used as a Control Switch (described on p. 36 of the manual) so it can interact directly with modifiers. The thing I like about the FS-7 is it is 2 switches, each configurable to Momentary or Latching, in a very compact setup.

Nice. What do you use the FS7 for?

The Boss FS-7 is used as a Control Switch (described on p. 36 of the manual) so it can interact directly with modifiers. The thing I like about the FS-7 is it is 2 switches, each configurable to Momentary or Latching, in a very compact setup.

Thanks, it's working very well so far. I really wanted the FC12, but just couldn't find a board layout I was happy with.

Since I went with the FC-6, I use the MorningStar for moving patches up/down and access to the tuner. This lets me avoid using precious FC-6 switch positions for these "non-urgent" (i.e., not in the middle of a song) functions. Also, it's just a really nice little MIDI controller to have around for anything that might come up.

That's a really good idea thanks for the reply. I think I'd only need a small midi controller to select my presets a bit quicker. Definitely worth thinking about though. I noticed you were using a Mono pedalboard as well. What do you think on those? worth the extra cash?

That's a really good idea thanks for the reply. I think I'd only need a small midi controller to select my presets a bit quicker. Definitely worth thinking about though. I noticed you were using a Mono pedalboard as well. What do you think on those? worth the extra cash?

There is absolutely no question that the quality is top notch, and I am very happy with it. I was fortunate to get a really good deal on one - if I was paying full price, I'm not sure I would spend the money. That said, you only live once. ;)

Here's my setup. I have a power supply mounted underneath the board. The astute observer will note that there is nothing plugged into the Line 6 wireless - I only use it when gigging, and this picture was taken at home. :)

View attachment 53950
would you mind sharing the Morningstar config for the patch changes? I have one and I'm a little confused on how to set that up, especially since you have to assign all the midi CCs in the III. Looks awesome, btw!

would you mind sharing the Morningstar config for the patch changes? I have one and I'm a little confused on how to set that up, especially since you have to assign all the midi CCs in the III. Looks awesome, btw!
I`m in the same boat ,would love to know about the configs on the Morningstar !!!!

I`m in the same boat ,would love to know about the configs on the Morningstar !!!!

So, you set the Preset Increment and Preset Decrement CC number in the midi menu under Other on the III. I used 6 for Increment and 7 for Decrement. You go in the MC6 and set a Press action, Control Change, and CC Number is 6 (or 7) and 0 in the Value (doesn't matter as far as I can tell). Works like a charm.

You also have to go into Preset Inc/Dec Start and End and set 0-127 (however many presets you want to scroll through). It defaults to 0-127 for the first 128 presets. You can go up to 0-511 to scroll through all of them.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no question that the quality is top notch, and I am very happy with it. I was fortunate to get a really good deal on one - if I was paying full price, I'm not sure I would spend the money. That said, you only live once. ;)

They are pretty expensive for what they are I think, but they do look good.I'll probably stick with a good old Pedaltrain knowing me. Thanks for your input on that much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom