• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
It's personal preference.

I personally cannot use one on the left, only the right...
I couldn't stand having them on either end of the FC12 when I finally got it, so I sold it and got two FC6es, and stuck them in the middle, where they belong. :D

Eventually, the FM9 arrived, and the one side pedalboard got bigger, and the other one sits on top of my rack now, as I've figured out how to do almost all I want via MIDI from the FM9 to the FX3.

Lately, the focus has been on getting the FM9 to do all I need by itself, so that the FX3 can stay at home if I need to travel with my gear....

Rickey5

This looks great! Very similar to mine (Duo 34, 1 mission, 2 EV2s). But I would like to get some of those cables. Would you mind sharing what name/brand?
Well of course!! These little dummis are what I got…I believe I payed $15.99 for the 8 pack from Hamazon. I am an absolute cable snob and junkie, especially for signal flow…but considering these don’t carry any signal, I grabbed them for their price, their rainbow properties, and because they are 100% sealed and should be pretty durable and provide excellent strain relief, even though they are completely tied down and stationary, I hate having to fix shit.

I would highly recommend modifying the Duo 34. I absolutely LOVE this board, and it works freaking PERFECT for what I needed. I would get a 3’ piece of 1”x1” angle iron and bolt it directly down the center. I used 5 bolts and it took the flex right out of the 34” long piggy. I also added a couple extra feet in the middle of the orange end caps. A Drill is a must for this board.

Since you got the Duo as well, and an FC-12 I presume….or a 6. You should also do this trick maneuver; I used a mechanical connection for my FC-12, instead of the plates that it uses. I used my precision calipers and removed one of the screws in the bottom of the FC. I busted out my badass magnifying glass and deciphered the machine screws. They are M3.5-0.6 x 8mm I believe. Well, the pitch and thread size is right, I think they were 8mm…I got 12mm replacements. So M3.5-0.6 x 12mm along with some M4 wharshers. I couldn’t easily find any 3.5mm ones, so I got those. I think there is like 7 screws on the FC-12…I got 5 to line up, and four of em are the corners. It’s stupid tight, it ain’t going anywhere, it doesn’t even move in the slightest. I took the end caps off so it would sit lower and mount better. I actually did that with all the pedals. No feet. Feet are for walking and kicking. Gone.

The last hyper trick move I did was to utilize the Mod plates. The right side got a single Neutrik locking TRS jack in the mini Mod slot for my JP6 guitar with piezo…and the left side got a trio of jacks into the first Mod slot (the one that takes three) An XLR for FAS Link II, a barrel connector for 12v DC for the awesome RGB LED lighting that shines through, and another locking TRS for guitar out to the back of my Sax Affects Threy. I am actually making the cable for the umbilical tomorrow. I got 25’ of 1” tech flex red and black in the mail today, and am just waiting for the power cable to come tomorrow. I will then thread all three through the tech flex and finish it with 1” 3:1 black shrink tubing so it looks like I bought it. I love making my own cables. I got a 90 degree XLR for the back of the FC-12 and soldered that to the Neutrik XLR connector on the left, and soldered a 3’ piece of ProCo stereo instrument cable from one side the other bit the locking TRS jacks. It’s stupid clean. Highly recommended.
06CB72A9-59B1-49D1-8CE3-A1F9EABA7C6D.jpeg3832BF77-A42D-43C1-BDCA-52949061CD65.jpeg

unix-guy

Legend!
Well of course!! These little dummis are what I got…I believe I payed $15.99 for the 8 pack from Hamazon. I am an absolute cable snob and junkie, especially for signal flow…but considering these don’t carry any signal, I grabbed them for their price, their rainbow properties, and because they are 100% sealed and should be pretty durable and provide excellent strain relief, even though they are completely tied down and stationary, I hate having to fix shit.

I would highly recommend modifying the Duo 34. I absolutely LOVE this board, and it works freaking PERFECT for what I needed. I would get a 3’ piece of 1”x1” angle iron and bolt it directly down the center. I used 5 bolts and it took the flex right out of the 34” long piggy. I also added a couple extra feet in the middle of the orange end caps. A Drill is a must for this board.

Since you got the Duo as well, and an FC-12 I presume….or a 6. You should also do this trick maneuver; I used a mechanical connection for my FC-12, instead of the plates that it uses. I used my precision calipers and removed one of the screws in the bottom of the FC. I busted out my badass magnifying glass and deciphered the machine screws. They are M3.5-0.6 x 8mm I believe. Well, the pitch and thread size is right, I think they were 8mm…I got 12mm replacements. So M3.5-0.6 x 12mm along with some M4 wharshers. I couldn’t easily find any 3.5mm ones, so I got those. I think there is like 7 screws on the FC-12…I got 5 to line up, and four of em are the corners. It’s stupid tight, it ain’t going anywhere, it doesn’t even move in the slightest. I took the end caps off so it would sit lower and mount better. I actually did that with all the pedals. No feet. Feet are for walking and kicking. Gone.

The last hyper trick move I did was to utilize the Mod plates. The right side got a single Neutrik locking TRS jack in the mini Mod slot for my JP6 guitar with piezo…and the left side got a trio of jacks into the first Mod slot (the one that takes three) An XLR for FAS Link II, a barrel connector for 12v DC for the awesome RGB LED lighting that shines through, and another locking TRS for guitar out to the back of my Sax Affects Threy. I am actually making the cable for the umbilical tomorrow. I got 25’ of 1” tech flex red and black in the mail today, and am just waiting for the power cable to come tomorrow. I will then thread all three through the tech flex and finish it with 1” 3:1 black shrink tubing so it looks like I bought it. I love making my own cables. I got a 90 degree XLR for the back of the FC-12 and soldered that to the Neutrik XLR connector on the left, and soldered a 3’ piece of ProCo stereo instrument cable from one side the other bit the locking TRS jacks. It’s stupid clean. Highly recommended.
View attachment 108830View attachment 108835
I use the same cables...

The official answer for the screws is M3.5-0.6x16. Those work great for attachment of FCs or FMs to Temple Audio boards.

Top Bottom