Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Finally finished building this pedalboard. Took me a lot longer than anticipated due to many interruptions over the last two months since I first started measuring the wood. It’s not 100% perfect, but about 96% there. Picking up an EV-1 this week and waiting on some TRS jacks/stereo cable to wire everything up as my existing cabling is too long and I’m a neat freak when it comes to pedalboards (total slob in all other aspects of my life)

Momentary switches are for Preset Up/Down and Tuner/Tap. The single momentary switch turns on the effects loop with a Digitech Freqout in it, the only pedal I still use from my old rig. The board you can barely see above it used to weigh a ton with all the pedals on it and between the audio and power cables, consistently caused some kind of buzz to occur at random. So glad that’s over with.

1F371AF8-9399-4854-8ABD-18BD8C061B7E.jpegB4AE5210-C1C6-4EDA-B3DE-CBD8EE7BD3CE.jpeg

Wired up my board appropriately today. It’s a pain in the ass to solder stereo jacks, especially if you’re a gorilla with a solder iron like I am. Every cable I made I went back into the studio to make sure it worked. Ordering an EV-1 next week, I just blew an assload of money on a new iMac for my studio and want to space out spending a little bit. I made the cable for it already, so I just need to Velcro it down and add a cable tie or two, then this thing is done.

Attachments

• 4D067DF5-C30B-4855-B791-BB40894B7C92.jpeg
    4D067DF5-C30B-4855-B791-BB40894B7C92.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 143
  • CF222184-B843-4D29-9B51-C780B25BD84F.jpeg
    CF222184-B843-4D29-9B51-C780B25BD84F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 143
Wired up my board appropriately today. It’s a pain in the ass to solder stereo jacks, especially if you’re a gorilla with a solder iron like I am. Every cable I made I went back into the studio to make sure it worked. Ordering an EV-1 next week, I just blew an assload of money on a new iMac for my studio and want to space out spending a little bit. I made the cable for it already, so I just need to Velcro it down and add a cable tie or two, then this thing is done.
You’re hurting my OCD with those two tilted expression pedals. 😁 jk, looking great

Whatzit?
Screen%20Shot%202020-02-17%20at%201.37.53%20PM.png
Awesome little pedal.

Well, here's my big board. There are still some things to clean up (wiring needs some clean up, specifically) but the bones are in place. It's pretty darn large and heavy, and it's really mostly for playing at home. I kept the sides on the FCs so that I could easily remove them (they're mounted with dual lock so taking them off is not a big deal) if I'm ever feeling lazy and just want to take just an FC and an expression pedal. I play at church a few times a month, and the stage is big enough for this if I'm ever in the mood for a workout and feel like lugging it along. Pardon the gross photo- it's in my shop at the moment.View attachment 55652
I like your sick mind.....this is amazing!

You’re hurting my OCD with those two tilted expression pedals. 😁 jk, looking great

My feet are angled outwards by like 45 degrees, if I had them straight, my foot would be hanging off the top section of the pedals. To add, I often have to angle pedalboards to the side because of mic stands, in which case I would barely be able to move them.

My feet are angled outwards by like 45 degrees, if I had them straight, my foot would be hanging off the top section of the pedals. To add, I often have to angle pedalboards to the side because of mic stands, in which case I would barely be able to move them.
Agreed. And it actually makes sense cause nobody’s feet while standing are at the perfect straight angle. Almost everyone’s are pointing out. But that said, it still hurts my eyes 😂 lol

Heh. I've changed it quite a bit- here's an updated pic of the current setup. It's actually a lot more practical in this configuration!

Looks like a minimalist setup, great. But given how acciedent prone I am I'd be concerned about stepping (breaking off) the FX III's knobs with tips of hard soled shoes or booted feet - when reaching up/over for that back row on the FC-12

Heh. I've changed it quite a bit- here's an updated pic of the current setup. It's actually a lot more practical in this configuration!
How much does that beast weigh? Looks like the Axe Fx is attached with square head deck screws?

How much does that beast weigh? Looks like the Axe Fx is attached with square head deck screws?
I haven't weighed it, but around what my old 6u shock resistant rack weighed. It's heavy for a board, absolutely, but it's the only thing I need to carry. A foldable two wheel cart makes it simple. And yea, those are deck screws! It's what I had, and I wanted to err on the side of overbuilt!

Looks like a minimalist setup, great. But given how acciedent prone I am I'd be concerned about stepping (breaking off) the FX III's knobs with tips of hard soled shoes or booted feet - when reaching up/over for that back row on the FC-12
Yea, minimalist... heh! There’s actually plenty of room up there- I was worried about it too, but after laying it out, it didn’t turn out to be a problem.
I know it’s a ridiculous board, but these days, my playing out is pretty much just church a couple times a month, so transport isn’t a big problem, and I’ve got plenty of stage space, and the inputs are right up at the front of the stage, so it actually works really well, totally self contained, and it’s got everything I could possibly want. At home, it’s always there, completely set up, ready to switch on and go, so while I know it looks excessive and overboard, it really works well, and I had a lot of fun setting up and building the whole thing, and I get to play on my dream rig anytime I want, no fuss or muss. These days, playing at home is stress relief, a creative outlet, alone time, and it’s important to me to be able to stay playing without pissing off my family or neighbors. I’m really grateful to not have to deal with pedals and amps anymore- with an Axe rig, you have unlimited possibilities right there at your feet.

So i added external switches to my board to use as dedicated preset U/D and FX and to get back to scenes, i didn't have enough real estate to mount them but there not stepped on all that often so i built a riser its a little taller than id like but it still is comfortable and works.
IMG-6541.jpg

IMG-6542.jpg

IMG-6543.jpg

IMG-6544.jpg

IMG-6545.jpg

IMG-6546.jpg

IMG-6547.jpg
So in my quarantine boredom, I ordered some Black TRS Squareplugs and cable from BTPA and rewired my EXP Pedals, also got rid of the stand in switches (for now). Really cleans up the board and makes it all a bit more streamlined.
IMG-8437.jpg

IMG-8438.jpg

IMG-8440.jpg

IMG-8441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom