Post your Favourite IR Mixes (Cab-Lab screenshots)

Johan Allard

Power User
Since we can't (and shouldn't) post completed IR's mixed from existing IR's, either commercial or not.

One thing that we can do though is to post Cab-Lab screenshots of mixes that we've done, as inspiration.

Here's one that I just did that I really, really like:

6f962a95-d278-4b17-97ee-464db28ffa41_zpsb4156dd0.jpg

The Ownhammer V30 is obviously great on it's own, and blend in a bit of EVM-12L as well and it sounds awesome!

This is my new default CAB for anything rock with moderate to high gain playing with Bogner XTC, Friedman, Marshalls and Caroll Ann TripTik. I play a Les Paul with Suhr Doug Aldrich's and a Maton BB1200JH with original pups.

What's your favourite mix?

Last edited:
well... the screen-shot it's a good idea in order of not typing the recipe...
but it's a jump in the dark about the "tonal reference"...
Some description of the tone is mandatory!! Like say... the factory o user patch used... and something like "SRV tone" or "Hey Joe tone" or "huge hi-gain metal tone"... "great pop chorused clean tone"... or something like that...
An IR mix recipe alone is not enough i think.

EDIT: and some description about the kind of use of the tone like "good for live" or "good for recording"

well... the screen-shot it's a good idea in order of not typing the recipe...
but it's a jump in the dark about the "tonal reference"...

Fair point, I’ve added some descriptions. This is a very generic Cab mix to me, with the use of Median OH cabs to begin with instead of the specific mics. I wasn’t going for any specific style or trying match a specific sound, just wanted to take a little bit off the top end that is traditional with V30’s by blending in the EV12L’s.

Back
Top Bottom