Post your favorite artist tone video or sound sample.

It’s this guy on these records: Petri Walli. I think he has so many unique and interesting things in his sound and playing I’ve not yet heard from any other player. One interesting thing is that he uses a Les Paul that really doesn’t sound like a Les Paul at all.

He was an amazing player and a songwriter. I’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to recreate these tones, sought after and examined every video and picture I could find, spent over 5000 € on gear trying to recreate and investigate his tone, modded two guitars after his guitar (I even know the outputs of his pickups and ordered those custom made...) and yet: still not there.

I think I’m gonna post a thread here one of these days because there’s some small things in his tones that I just have a really hard time trying to recreate.

The smaller the band, the more harder it is to seek out information about their gear. But overall it’s been a really fun and educational tone journey. No regrets.

Last edited:

It’s this guy on these records: Petri Walli. I think he has so many unique and interesting things in his sound that I’ve not yet heard from any other player. One interesting thing is that he uses a Les Paul that really doesn’t sound like a Les Paul at all.

He was an amazing player and a songwriter. I’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to recreate these tones, sought after and examined every video and picture I could find, spent over 5000 € on gear trying to recreate and investigate his tone, modded two guitars after his guitar (I even know the outputs of his pickups and ordered those custom made...) and yet: still not there.

I think I’m gonna post a thread here one of these days because there’s some small things in his tones that I just have a really hard time trying to recreate.

The smaller the band, the more harder it is to seek out information about their gear. But overall it’s been a really fun and educational tone journey. No regrets.

Awesome. I love finding new music like this.

The tone of the TWO solos scrapes my heart raw.
An FAS interpretation of the Laney LA 100 BL would be sick.

I realize this is about the guitar tone here- and it cuts like a Ginsu knife.
But not for nothing -love him or hate him- Ozzy had an impressive singing voice for a while.

And then of course the money shot from DG for a happy ending.

Sweet Jesus. Almost forgot GM and Greenie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom