Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Sounds like investing in a wireless system would be a good investment.
I used one many years ago. I don’t need it. My solution was even cheaper, a tuner pedal with true bypass. So there’s something between me and the axe fx. Also bright-colored high quality cables from Ampturco Guitar Works.

I used one many years ago. I don’t need it. My solution was even cheaper, a tuner pedal with true bypass. So there’s something between me and the axe fx. Also bright-colored high quality cables from Ampturco Guitar Works.

Well I suggested it because you obviously have some great and wild stuff going on on stage. No cable would be one risk less.

Good luck on your quest.

Well I suggested it because you obviously have some great and wild stuff going on on stage. No cable would be one risk less.

Good luck on your quest.
Well they’re hardcore shows so ya never know when someone will run onstage and jump off. But more often than not the culprit is a stupid singer, who is possibly drunk 😂😂 but yeah if I was interested in going wireless then it never would’ve been a concern. I was just curious what other people were doing. Yek I think uses a true bypass splitter for this purpose, which also helps when switching guitars. I could’ve used a basic mute switch. I decided to go with a Boss Waza Craft tuner for its buffer/bypass toggle. So I’ll have like 8 feet of cable coiled up going into the Axe Fx with a longer cable going to my guitar. I’ve just always had some sort of pedal with my real amps, so it never occurred to me that this was a concern. Now all I need to worry about is my singer stepping on my pedal, rather than pulling down my whole rig lol.

Well they’re hardcore shows so ya never know when someone will run onstage and jump off. But more often than not the culprit is a stupid singer, who is possibly drunk 😂😂 but yeah if I was interested in going wireless then it never would’ve been a concern. I was just curious what other people were doing. Yek I think uses a true bypass splitter for this purpose, which also helps when switching guitars. I could’ve used a basic mute switch. I decided to go with a Boss Waza Craft tuner for its buffer/bypass toggle. So I’ll have like 8 feet of cable coiled up going into the Axe Fx with a longer cable going to my guitar. I’ve just always had some sort of pedal with my real amps, so it never occurred to me that this was a concern. Now all I need to worry about is my singer stepping on my pedal, rather than pulling down my whole rig lol.
You could just use a neutrik silentPlug. I put one on the end of my wireless transmitter for just that. It has a worked perfectly for a couple years now.

My setup (like many others I see) is more of a workstation than a "rig". If you look closely you'll see the AxeFx is guarded by Godzilla if you manage to get by the killer dog. :p

Workstation-Trixie.jpg

My current rig!

Axe FX3, Matrix GT800fx, Shure PSM300

Guitar straight into the fractal, modelled path straight to output 1 for FOH

Split pre cab block to output 2 to feed the power amp if a real cabinet is needed.

IEM mix of everything except my guitar from FOH into input 4. Can be either stereo or mono (I have a global filter block on the input 4 chain to change between Mono or Stereo) this mixes with the output 1 signal to go to the IEMs on output 4.

Means I can have stereo guitar all the time even if the FOH mix is mono!

Output 3 is just a copy input 1 for DI recording

Input 2 to be hooked up to my studio for stereo reamping.

Absolutely the lightest, most reliable & fully functional rig I’ve ever had.

All controlled by a Voes MX12 & powered off a single power conditioner in an SKB 6u Fly rack.

Couldn’t ask for more!

Attachments

• C127547D-FD89-4D27-9C61-429AD5AA3BBF.jpeg
    C127547D-FD89-4D27-9C61-429AD5AA3BBF.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 3C431A49-EC47-42CF-BFB8-CF543EAC802D.jpeg
    3C431A49-EC47-42CF-BFB8-CF543EAC802D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
My current rig!

Axe FX3, Matrix GT800fx, Shure PSM300

Guitar straight into the fractal, modelled path straight to output 1 for FOH

Split pre cab block to output 2 to feed the power amp if a real cabinet is needed.

IEM mix of everything except my guitar from FOH into input 4. Can be either stereo or mono (I have a global filter block on the input 4 chain to change between Mono or Stereo) this mixes with the output 1 signal to go to the IEMs on output 4.

Means I can have stereo guitar all the time even if the FOH mix is mono!

Output 3 is just a copy input 1 for DI recording

Input 2 to be hooked up to my studio for stereo reamping.

Absolutely the lightest, most reliable & fully functional rig I’ve ever had.

All controlled by a Voes MX12 & powered off a single power conditioner in an SKB 6u Fly rack.

Couldn’t ask for more!
Excuse the slight derail, but what do you think of the Voes and its Axe integration?

Excuse the slight derail, but what do you think of the Voes and its Axe integration?

Works great for what I need it for

The main page I have the bottom row for scenes 1-6

Top row: preset up & down, volume increment & decrement (super useful feature), tap tempo & tuner (long hold to go to page B)

Page B is instant access for blocks on/off like an old school pedalboard.

I would like scribble strips but the price difference for me personally in the UK to go up to an FC12 or RJM GT10 would have been too much (at the time I bought it, might upgrade in the future!)

Single ethercon cable as well is super nice to have & keeps setup time to basically nothing.

I have downsized a little, and while it’s in my studio, that’s not the ultimate intent. Matrix GT1000 will be replaced with Presonus StudioLive 32R for the next gig, while the Matrix power amp gets repurposed for bass guitar duties. Cab stands are kind of OK, but I couldn’t really recommend them. I’ll be looking for something better in both cases. Everything else in the picture I am really happy with, although the Line 6 branded Mission expression pedal needed a little rewiring and soldering…A7304C0A-7AD8-425B-BA36-FEF6FC50F8EE.jpeg

Guys with laptops on stage: Is that in case a preset needs a quick edit, or are you running other software for the show?
Other software, and laptop never makes it to the stage for me. I can do anything I need from the front panel of the Axe FX III. I bring a tablet for stage use, but it's for control of the FOH/Stage mixer rather than guitar amp duties.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom