Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I had limited space to work with at home and couldn't find precisely what I was looking for, so I improvised:

Target shoe rack with the bottom two shelves left off. EVA foam for a shelf liner, and two large door stops to angle it upward. Running through studio monitors or a CLR Neo.
IMG_20211111_153904a.jpg

Silly / not so silly question:
For those among you who plug in directly to the axe fx with no pedals or wireless unit, how do you prefer to ensure that the cable doesn’t get yanked out during a gig? Do you weave it through the handle? Weave it through the recessed handle of your cab? Both? Or would you rather have the cable get yanked out than tug on the unit and risk a tip over? Am I overthinking this? Absolutely. I just always at least had a tuner, a gate, tube screamer, or some other pedal between myself and the front of an amp.

Updated pic for attention

4C920BC7-F845-4EE2-93F9-FDA9D90BF15E.jpeg

Silly / not so silly question:
For those among you who plug in directly to the axe fx with no pedals or wireless unit, how do you prefer to ensure that the cable doesn’t get yanked out during a gig? Do you weave it through the handle? Weave it through the recessed handle of your cab? Both? Or would you rather have the cable get yanked out than tug on the unit and risk a tip over? Am I overthinking this? Absolutely. I just always at least had a tuner, a gate, tube screamer, or some other pedal between myself and the front of an amp.
Coming from the Axe FX Ultra (still a FAS rack unit) I've always weaved the cable it through the handle, and never had a problem with it. Cable never slipped out and don't worry, you won't ever tip the unit over, I'm betting your rack case is heavier than an amplifier head with all of that gear in it

Also I watched Metallica’s set at lollapalooza and noticed the cables were wrapped through the cabs handle before going into the back. That’s what got me thinking about it. Previously I had considered using a tuner just for this purpose but I’d rather not because ya know… super redundant. And batteries

This is my live rig for my band Floyd Nation (floydnation.live), a US-based Pink Floyd tribute.

It's a super flexible rig! I use two I/O loops in the AxeFX, one for the external pedalboard and the other for the Mesa Amp.
Using the FC-12, I can toggle each loop on the fly to switch between internal/external pedals and the external amp OR the Amp Block which is pretty much dead-nuts cloned to my Mesa Heartbreaker. The Multiplexer allows easy switching between the internal/external signal paths.

The external pedals are connected to a Midi-controllable pedal patchbay so I can enable specific pedals with Preset/Scene changes via the MIDI Block.

The external-amp return, via a Mesa load box, and the internal Amp Block each feed a common Cab Block feeding time-based FX and then on to FOH.
Output 2 feeds the two Headrush 108s for on-stage volume, feedback etc.

FN Guitar Rig 7-2022.jpgFN Guitar Pedals 7-2022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom