Axe controls and is in the loop of each amp:
-revv
-jj100
-kemper

kemper can run as standalone into mixer with own effects or the axe in the loop
The marshall cab plays whatever pipes through the ox box
-revv. jj100 or kemper

the ox lives in the attenuation section of the KHE amp/cab/loop switcher

typically i have a GB25 marshall cab and mesa v30 cab as well for switching. But in a smaller space currently

the mac runs the axe. Kemper and ox software

the switching brain is the KHE. A phenomenal piece of gear. Seamlessly switches any of 4 amps to 4 cabs as well as the effects loop to the appropriate amp at the time of switching.
Midi voodoo controls the jj100 (programmed on the axe/fc12)
2axe fc12 give me tons of flexibility as well as an expression and volume pedal
There is other stuff but this is majority of it

very versatile kitchen sink setup.

I FINALLY get to add a post to this thread, and it has felt like forever waiting. This was my Axe FX II "playing out" rig originally, but I haven't been playing out for the best part of 2 years, and back then the AxeFX III was waiting for a foot controller, so I stuck with the Axe FX II XL and MFC-101 for summer 2019 gigs. Was left with a little music room to play in at home once the "locking down" started, so bought a pair of Adam A5X monitors and amused myself with the AFX III and a bit of home recording. Soon discovered the room was not a great sounding one, so the next great hold up was designing a new "band sized" rehearsal room, which then turned into a 4 room home studio build (before anyone gets too excited, live room, control room, air-lock, and big cupboard for HVAC and excess music gear, not 4 rooms that get played in). Lots of dust and upheaval later, I was able to dig the "playing out" rig back from under the dust sheets and move it into the new live room this week.

So, ta dah... Not the most exciting or mind blowing rig in the world ever, but it's mine, it's all paid for, and I have a pretty good idea how to work it. There's an EV-1 for it somewhere that I'll also be using, but didn't need for dialling in the Matrix and Fearless F115. Surprised how little there was to do between 5" studio monitors and a 15" FRFR setup, just moving high pass filters on cab blocks and trimming amp tone controls, and drive pedal tone, volume and drive so far. Has to be said the 15" setup has just a teeny bit more low end :laughing:, and moves a fair bit more air. Makes the 100 watt Marshall and Fender Twin models come across as a fair bit more convincing at volume, but without being ear-splitting.

IMG_20210626_221439.jpg

Only schoolboy error with the Fractal setup was forgetting that I had been running the AFX III synced to a Scarlett 6i6 word-clock through S/PDIF in the old music room. Scratched my head when all I got out of the cab was digital "pfffff", but less than a few minutes later inspected the setup pages and remembered that it needed flicking back to the internal clock. Only schoolboy error with the studio build was running the HVAC power supply over the live room ceiling - hadn't figured how much EMI the inverter would kick back down the power cable to be picked up by my guitars. Will be routing an armoured cable round the outside of the building next weekend so the studio and its mains rings are clear of all that noise.

Kind of glad to have had time to spend with Cygnus before "going large", instantly immense sounding setup!

Liam

Studio envy aside, that's a couple of pretty cool looking places to be playing an Axe FX III. My own control room currently features our old dining table for a desk, and an old coffee table for any 19" rack overspill. I do have actual studio furniture on order, but I might still be envious. ;)

Liam

The FocusRite Scarlet 18i8 (red) is used as a personal headphone mixer combining AVIOM and direct from AXE3 mix. The PRESONUS BLUE TUBE is used as a direct box to the house providing me with VU meters for final gain staging of house output. I also use external software tuner called AIRYWARE. It not only strobes, but also has hundreds of tunings such as James Taylor sweetening. My favorite function is the values it displays such as -2, -1, "=" +1, +2, etc when tuning. "=" is when perfectly tuned. The tuner is perfect for intonating guitar.

Attachments

• 20210627_113520.jpg
    20210627_113520.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 211
  • Praise Him with stringed instruments 84 Bible Psalm 150.png
    Praise Him with stringed instruments 84 Bible Psalm 150.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
zJ7RYYa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom