Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

how do you like that pair of atomic clr’s? Thinking about getting a pair of them myself. I imagine it’s loud as fuck with 2 of them pushing 1000 watts? Plenty for a band scenario to hear fine over a live drum kit?

You are right about the Wizards and Marks being different beasts, and I now know from experience. I broke down and bought a Wizard Modern Classic MCI 100 watt to go alongside the IIC+ HX that I also got just a few weeks ago. I am in guitar tone nirvana now running these amps through load boxes into my Axe III and out through my CLRs in stereo.

I finally got a decent pic of my rig while celebrating my 2 NADs, which are better than just 1 NAD ya know.

View attachment 73975View attachment 73976

In light of Leon Todd's recent video, here's my 2120 being used as a MIDI controller for the Axe.

I've got a FC12 now so this setup has been retired for the most part. View attachment 75878
Whoa.
That stand.... nice.
Is it custom or did you pick it up somewhere?
I have the same question! I'm looking for a classy 12U-ish rack I can populate and the one you have there is awful purdy.

You are right about the Wizards and Marks being different beasts, and I now know from experience. I broke down and bought a Wizard Modern Classic MCI 100 watt to go alongside the IIC+ HX that I also got just a few weeks ago. I am in guitar tone nirvana now running these amps through load boxes into my Axe III and out through my CLRs in stereo.

I finally got a decent pic of my rig while celebrating my 2 NADs, which are better than just 1 NAD ya know.

View attachment 73975View attachment 73976
Beautiful setup! What kind of headphones are those?

how do you like that pair of atomic clr’s? Thinking about getting a pair of them myself. I imagine it’s loud as fuck with 2 of them pushing 1000 watts? Plenty for a band scenario to hear fine over a live drum kit?

Have not done any gigs or jamming with a drummer with these so can't comment on that, yet. Maybe in a year once I get the band back together after I move to a different city for work where my old band mate from college lives.

But I have seen plenty of comments from others who have used just one of these for personal monitoring live and at rehersals.

I am generally happy with this rig for home use. Running stereo amps through these is so awesome. Really decreases the need to use the real cab, even when cranking it for some fun. But I really need to get a sub for these, not for guitar tones, even a drop B baritone is properly served with them, but when I am using backing tracks, the bass and the kick are lacking. Also, I use these as my near field studio monitors as well. They are okay for this, but they lack in the detail retrieval department compared to my high end headphones. I don't feel enough of a need to shell out for proper high end studio monitors though FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom