Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Thanks! Yeah, 8xt‘s and the 10” sub. I’ve had them a little over a week, so still getting used to them. I had the JBL 305 MKI before these, and they had a lot of hiss. These are quieter. The JBLs were a bit more brash in the highs too, whereas these are smoother. They sound pretty fantastic with the AXE FX III, and a lot fuller than the 5” JBL. I have been using the 3.5” Eris as my desktop speakers for a year and was very impressed with them, ultimately leading me to buy the 8s. I was able to get the 8xt/sub bundle via Sweetwater for $749 plus tax.

Thanks! Yeah, 8xt‘s and the 10” sub. I’ve had them a little over a week, so still getting used to them. I had the JBL 305 MKI before these, and they had a lot of hiss. These are quieter. The JBLs were a bit more brash in the highs too, whereas these are smoother. They sound pretty fantastic with the AXE FX III, and a lot fuller than the 5” JBL. I have been using the 3.5” Eris as my desktop speakers for a year and was very impressed with them, ultimately leading me to buy the 8s. I was able to get the 8xt/sub bundle via Sweetwater for $749 plus tax.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check those out. Going to look at Yamaha HS8 as well, but so far like the Presonus from what I've seen and heard. Plus the front bass port works better for my setup.

New to the forum and Fractal family in general, always wanted one, finally got one! Took over my living room entertainment center and got it all setup! This thing is amazing! More options down this rabbit hole than I know what to do with, and will keep me busy for a while. Hopefully will keep upgrading the setup, but this is what I’m rocking for now!

View attachment 65163
what pedal board is that?
i love the size

New to the forum and Fractal family in general, always wanted one, finally got one! Took over my living room entertainment center and got it all setup! This thing is amazing! More options down this rabbit hole than I know what to do with, and will keep me busy for a while. Hopefully will keep upgrading the setup, but this is what I’m rocking for now!

View attachment 65163
Killer set up. What are the blue lights on the pedal board? I have the smaller version of this board and want to get some lights.

Killer set up. What are the blue lights on the pedal board? I have the smaller version of this board and want to get some lights.
Temple Audio has LED light kits that are sized based on their different pedalboards. I bought some off Sweetwater and they work great. Light strips have multiple colors, different modes/speeds, can change brightness, and best of all no large transformers. Fit perfect under the board and easy to install.

Killer set up. What is the pedalboard you have for the FC 6? Thats the perfect size for what I need. Do you also have a hard case for it?
20200918_221315.jpg
Two custom 21" Temple Duo boards.

No cases, but they have yet to leave the house....

Temple Audio has LED light kits that are sized based on their different pedalboards. I bought some off Sweetwater and they work great. Light strips have multiple colors, different modes/speeds, can change brightness, and best of all no large transformers. Fit perfect under the board and easy to install.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered a set for my Duo 17. Very neat.

Just bought a new 24 monitor to make things easier, fits perfect on the gator case.
We are moving to our new house in a few month and actually we are limited with our space.

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_174010.jpg
    IMG_20201026_174010.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
Building a live setup with the III, Shure Wireless, Matrix power amp (6U total) . Just curious which power conditioner rack strip you guys recommend?

Was looking at this one but wasn't sure if I should just got for one with more features

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm new to this whole rack case thing. If I'm just trying to get a modern amp head looking case that fits only the AX3, aside from getting one that's 3U, what is the depth I'm supposed to go for? 10" or 12"?

I've looked through several different threads on it and haven't really found a straight forward answer on which depth fits it snugly.

Depends on how far you want your cable connectors to stick out of the back of the rack. For a amp head looking rack with no covers, that's probably not much of a concern. IIRC, the Axe III is about 10" from the back of the rack ears to the ends of the rear panel jacks.

Depends on how far you want your cable connectors to stick out of the back of the rack. For a amp head looking rack with no covers, that's probably not much of a concern. IIRC, the Axe III is about 10" from the back of the rack ears to the ends of the rear panel jacks.

Yeah I'm not looking to travel anywhere with it, I just want it to look sexy sitting on my desk.

I just want to make sure the body of the AX3 itself isn't poking out the back or anything, and I wasn't sure if 10" depth on case dimensions includes any sort of trim overhang it has in the design or not.

Back
Top Bottom