Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

well you could always put a little glow dot on each one but, to be honest, you'll probably see them better with the KnobTag in place as you'll be able to clearly see the text above each knob, to be able to find where the knob is.
Actually you're probably right, those landmark would help.

So would the sewing machine light, but as audio folk we're not allowed, have to get the LittleLite version for more $$ ;)

I made the pedal board that includes a microphone stand support. Also just bought an Odyssey 5 space rack for the Ax3 and patch panel. It's a fast setup and tear down.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 213
I made the pedal board that includes a microphone stand support. Also just bought an Odyssey 5 space rack for the Ax3 and patch panel. It's a fast setup and tear down.
Nice! The mic stand is very convenient. This is my floorboard. I used a flagpole holder I bought from Lowes and a small section of copper tubing. Works great.

Floorboard_vert.jpg

Ha Ha Ha ! Yea I use a wireless and it requires double A batteries. So that tag reminds me to pack the charger and batteries before I leave for a job.

It arrived! Just in time for my gigs this weekend! Woohoo!

Grundorf 6u, Shure PSM300/GLXD4R/AF3, FC-6 & Mission EP-1 on a board I built transported in an Apache 4800-series case.
LSYiOcP.jpg

sHOvlHg.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hope you are all good. Here's an updated rig pic I've been meaning to post for while now. I decided to go with an SKB fly rack and ditched my heavy rack case. The SKB case is really cool I can just lift it in and out of my car without any hassle and the fly rack itself to great very compact. I was worried it wouldn't have enough depth but it works just fine. Thinking adding a Synergy SYN-2 and a couple of modules mainly because I have one rack space free and it would be a waste not to put something in there wouldn't it? Still on the fence but I probably will get one knowing me lol

Please also check out Sukh's (ZenRigs) "Knob Tags" for labelling your output knobs. Totally customisable. I received mine today and they look awesome!

Enjoy!

Paul

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg

Hi all,

Hope you are all good. Here's an updated rig pic I've been meaning to post for while now. I decided to go with an SKB fly rack and ditched my heavy rack case. The SKB case is really cool I can just lift it in and out of my car without any hassle and the fly rack itself to great very compact. I was worried it wouldn't have enough depth but it works just fine. Thinking adding a Synergy SYN-2 and a couple of modules mainly because I have one rack space free and it would be a waste not to put something in there wouldn't it? Still on the fence but I probably will get one knowing me lol

Please also check out Sukh's (ZenRigs) "Knob Tags" for labelling your output knobs. Totally customisable. I received mine today and they look awesome!

Enjoy!

Paul

View attachment 64681View attachment 64682View attachment 64683

Paul - Can I ask how much the rack weighs loaded like that (without the case) and also how much the entire system (loaded rack + case) weighs ?
Thanks
RB

Paul - Can I ask how much the rack weighs loaded like that (without the case) and also how much the entire system (loaded rack + case) weighs ?
Thanks
RB

Hi RB,

I don't actually know sorry I can't be much help with this I don't have any scales to weigh it at the moment. I did read another members post on the forum mention it was around 50 pounds with the case because it was an issue for them to fly with it on an airline. That was the 4u version I seem to remember. I posted in that as well but it had my old rack interface panel in..

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/did-anyone-ever-try-the-skb-fly-racks.156852/page-2

Here's also the SKB product page spec I think it gives the weight unloaded.

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=1113&o=&offset=&c=160&s=80

I hope that helps a little.

Cheers
Paul

Hi all,

Enjoy!

Paul

View attachment 64682

Where did you get the lower cable management 1U block from? Who makes it?

Hi RB,

I don't actually know sorry I can't be much help with this I don't have any scales to weigh it at the moment. I did read another members post on the forum mention it was around 50 pounds with the case because it was an issue for them to fly with it on an airline. That was the 4u version I seem to remember. I posted in that as well but it had my old rack interface panel in..

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/did-anyone-ever-try-the-skb-fly-racks.156852/page-2

Here's also the SKB product page spec I think it gives the weight unloaded.

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=1113&o=&offset=&c=160&s=80

I hope that helps a little.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your answer.
One more Q if I may?
Is there room for a FC-12 or MMGT22 ( +/- Exp pedals) in top of the rack inside the SKB case ??
I'm debating whether to stay with my 10U traditional touring rack or to go lighter and smaller, and if so whether that should be the SKB Roto Rolling Rack or the SKB Fly Rack
Thanks
RB

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your answer.
One more Q if I may?
Is there room for a FC-12 or MMGT22 ( +/- Exp pedals) in top of the rack inside the SKB case ??
I'm debating whether to stay with my 10U traditional touring rack or to go lighter and smaller, and if so whether that should be the SKB Roto Rolling Rack or the SKB Fly Rack
Thanks
RB

There isn't I'm afraid the rack sits in the pelican case and there's just enough room for the lid to shut. There are some protective supports the rack case sits on inside the case to stop it from moving I'd imagine. You could possibly get an FC6 down the side and maybe a couple of expression pedals but I don't have an FC6 to try unfortunately.

Sorry I can't be much help. I wish I knew more. I'm thinking of buying another SKB case for my pedal board to go in. They are fairly expensive over here in the UK but worth it I'm sure.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
Where did you get the lower cable management 1U block from? Who makes it?

That was made by a UK company called https://www.designacable.com I usually get all my cables made by them. They even made the tails for my Temple Audio board.Their work is really good and if there's a problem they always sort it out for me. They are a bit on the expensive side but well worth it in my opinion. For someone like me who can't solder to save my life I'd prefer to get someone to do it for me.

Last edited:
That was made by a UK company called https://www.designacable.com I usually get all my cables made by them. They even made the tails for my Temple Audio board.Their work is really good and if there's a problem they always sort it out for me. They are a bit on the expensive side but well worth it in my opinion. For someone like me who can't solder to save my life I'd prefer to get someone to do it for me.

Thank you sir! :D

Recording board for home. Need to paint or stain the pedal board. Still working out the layout. Added a 4th Expression Pedal.. why not!!!
The white switches on the lower left are set up as stand in switches. Currently set up for Tuner, Flanger (momentary), Tap Tempo & Boost.
The pedals on the far right and pedals I do not need anymore because I use a Fractal Product!!!!

Attachments

• AXE.jpg
    AXE.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom