Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Your guitars are backwards man ;)
The funny part is I started playing at the age of eight right handed. My mother was a piano teacher and you don't hear of left handed pianos. Hendrix died in 1970, His death put him on my radar when I was eleven, and I realized I should restring my guitar. I suddenly took off in my playing. Years later I moved to Seattle to work for Amazon, and first choice was to take my kids to his grave in Renton. I had explained to my kids how I he made me realize that I should play left-handed. When they ran to his grave, my oldest said "This it the man that taught my Daddy how to play guitar."

Everyone there broke down and cried, including me.

Last edited:
Fryette Power Station arrived, rig now downsized a bit (From EVH 5150 III head and 4x12). It did not take too long of playing around to getting a nice amp in the room sound and feel that I like.

It is also standing up to the 'cat test' which means it is not tipping or wobbling when one of my cats jump up on it.
1f603.png
:D

I moved the power conditioner and Axe FX III in to a head style case which gives it a bit nicer look to it and also sits on top of the 2x12 better than my other case did. I was considering getting a 5 or 6U case to rack them together, but the PS-2 runs warm enough I will just leave it on top, especially since I am not currently gigging and needing to move it around.

Currently I have the 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks, but I may have to experiment sometime and put the original V30s back in.

View attachment 62634

Hey is that head case a commercial product or something you built? Thanks!

This is my portable Axe-Fx III rig. I keep the Axe angled up in front of me if the gig allows for it. Easy access to everything. An FC-6 (or FC-12, depending) plus an EV-1 expression pedal complete the rig. As always, a 12'-long guitar cable lies coiled under the Axe in case my wireless fails.

View attachment 61984
Awesome...how and where may I buy one of the angle-up stuf? What is it? Amp stand?

That’s the ultimate grid in my opinion. Room to go parallel in the top and bottom row. It’s a lot of work, but I’ve been really wanting to re-grid everything as well. Nice!

I had done one preset like this and saved it as a template, it was a bit of work but i have all of my main presets converted over now, and any new ones i just go from the template with all of the effects saved in it and i just add what amp and cabs i want.

Awesome...how and where may I buy one of the angle-up stuf? What is it? Amp stand?
Yup. It's an Ultimate AMP-150 amp stand. It keeps the front panel within easy reach, and if someone slams into it, it's only a few inches above the floor. Folds up into a tiny little thing that can slip into a gig bag.

I wound up cutting two lengths of steel tubing to slip over the two little legs so it supports both the top and bottom of my 4U rack. Shorter racks wouldn't need that.

1581133193609.png

Last edited:
I am using a Blueamps Mimic 212. I would like to add a monitor to my rig to get some cool stereo separation sound (and I'm just curious as to how a monitor will sound compared to my FRFR Cab). Can I use the cable line for Output 1 L and an XLR line for Output 2 R, or do both cables have to be the same type in that setup? The monitors I've been looking at can take instrument cables, but I've read that an XLR is better for noise reduction.
This thread is about posting pictures of your Axe Fx rigs... Not really the right place for your question. Create a new thread in the Axe Fx III Discussion forum for your question.

Back
Top Bottom