Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I've moved away from the desktop setup and have a pretty basic setup with a matrix power amp into a Marshall now, digging it:

IMG_9998.JPG

Unfortunately, the 1x12 sits alone now since I sold my Mark V 25 a while back after I got the Axe FX.

The guitar is @Burgs old OAF Jazzmonster 7 which has since been 'tweaked'

Can I ask you why or how you (still) use the THR10x while you have an AXE FX III?
Thanks!
I keep it up there to remind me how good the Fractal stuff is! Hahahahaha. Sometimes everything isn't hooked up to my Apollo X6 interface, so if I just want to practice for a few minutes it is good for that.

Not my home or stage rig, but I'm embarked on a fun project - figuring out how to fit a basic songwriting studio into my travel trailer. First step was dropping the dinette table into bed position to create a comfortable place to sprawl and play guitar. Currently using a small table to prototype but I'll build something more custom to hold the AFX3, computer and other stuff. Brought one side of my stereo CLR Neo rig this time and will probably continue just using one, but I found I could fit both if I wanted. Also figured out a good system for stowing guitar, bass, and electronics when traveling.

I have good solar on the trailer and discovered just how little power the AFX and CLR use at non-stage volume. Give me a sunny day and I can play all day and all night with no problem. This is the beginning of a really fun adventure...

Attachments

• K7hyB5BQRx6qmuf8hmomVQ.jpg
    K7hyB5BQRx6qmuf8hmomVQ.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 305
  • kjeo0%GYR7qfdYka0BGJGA.jpg
    kjeo0%GYR7qfdYka0BGJGA.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I do this all the time. There just no room in the front of my 4U rack for the Axe III, my wireless, and the power distro.
Any thoughts about adding in a Matrix GT1000FX-1U and keeping that back lid on as well? I'm wondering if the fans in the power amp will pull what it needs or if I should let it breathe more at that point?

Any thoughts about adding in a Matrix GT1000FX-1U and keeping that back lid on as well? I'm wondering if the fans in the power amp will pull what it needs or if I should let it breathe more at that point?
I'm not familiar with the airflow in Matrix power amps, but air has to flow both in and out. I'd be inclined to leave the back lid off.

I'm not familiar with the airflow in Matrix power amps, but air has to flow both in and out. I'd be inclined to leave the back lid off.
I've been running both my previous Axe Fx II and current Axe Fx III rigs with the back rack lid on for about 5 years now. Neither the Matrix or Axe Fx has had any issues... It's not like the front of the rack is air tight, though - there is a small gap at the top and bottom.

I've been running both my previous Axe Fx II and current Axe Fx III rigs with the back rack lid on for about 5 years now. Neither the Matrix or Axe Fx has had any issues... It's not like the front of the rack is air tight, though - there is a small gap at the top and bottom.
Killer. Thanks!

Current rig: Kiessel 7 string Vader and 8 string Zeus into an axe III and Matrix GT1000FX, into 1x Mesa open back and 1x Mesa thiele cab pet side, all loaded with EVM 12L drivers, for 4 ohms per side.

The rig is controlled by 3x Morningstar MC6 peddles and 2x fractal EV1 controllers.

The fx loop is populated with EHX c9, Mel 9, key 9, and synth 9, with walrus audio deep6 compressor and boss waza sd1-w pedals, each in separate loops of 2 Morningstar ML5 loopers.
power comes from a furman P1810-AR power supply, into 2x walrus audio Aetos power supplies in the rack, and 1x walrus audio Phoenix power supply on the peddle board.

ADFB46BE-1324-4C39-9C76-E11AD90C349F.jpeg
6614E190-8381-4B11-9EC0-D5191622449F.jpeg

42EB8FD5-6AC2-4690-846B-6FEE5C52EB19.jpegD94EA171-6BC2-49D8-97FD-F7C6E22B9F79.jpeg

Last edited:
Updated the Rig with a Peterson Strobo Rack from my old Korg DTR-2000, I don't mind the internal Tuner i just prefer having a Rack Tuner personal preference only.

IMG-7513.jpg

Couldn’t find a 5u, and didn’t like paying like $175 for a shallow 4u, so built my own shallow 5u....

just cheaply built (home use only) butt jointed, glued and screwed, 3/4” MDF, and $10 roll of Tolex applied with wood glue (works fine) and some $1 chrome corners.

About $25 all said and done and I’ve still got enough Tolex left over for another head cab or similar project.

D19BB063-9CF5-4CFB-89B2-FB489106AF95.jpeg

View attachment 58575View attachment 58576View attachment 58577

I just turned 16yrs I used jvm,Tri-axis,2:90 Numerous effects. Only kept JMP-1, Saldano x88r,
Custom Audio Electronics or CAE 3+
Mark V Combo. Mesa Boogie JP2C Modded

Fractal Audio now almost 4yrs I had brought to VPA AXE FX8,AX8,XL to XL+,AXE FXIII. This is the Future. like the Marshall plexi was the holy grail
The Mesa Boogie 11C++ Modded for Metallica
the Owner Cliff has reached a new line of newer
players. I have used since 12 turned 16 thank you
For the endless creativity.

0DB4970D-DB4F-4654-BCD3-F8405261696F.jpegB93FB72D-AF71-4082-944D-AC1B1F8DCD81.jpegA64F0C17-A6B2-4F63-B87A-72B8BE7833A0.jpeg2EBA522E-1B5F-41B1-A460-AB508EC0D49F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom