Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Since you're obviously into doubleneck fretted/fretless and guitar synth, you should check out Gabriel Marin of Consider The Source. Here's a rig rundown:

Just got to watch the video... Damn, but he had too much going on!

I'm glad he's ok with that mess of a pedal board, but that would make me crazy. ;)

My small and humble rig. Will get the FC-6 when it’s my turn, maybe sometime in the summer or early autumn.

3E654550-CFCD-4879-AC5B-42EF1AB5EBEE.jpeg.fa6468715d5a8c9980b8537e2f6795a9.jpeg

On the opposite side of the room is my 65 Amps stack (London Pro). Plan is to have an amp tech put a FX loop in it so I can use the time and mod effects in the Axe if I want to (none of my stomp boxes are even close to half of what the Axe is capable of).

C61047F8-2BF9-43AD-8E28-2B537313DC82.jpeg

Gator GR-6S shallow rack, with AxeFX III, Seymour Duncan stereo power stage 700, Adam Hall 87556 Pull-out rails for a Kaoss Pad III & Keith McMillen USB to Midi interface Midi Expander
Behind (not visible) : T.Racks Power 8S USB
Floor, from left to right : Hotone Soulpress expression pedal (for FX parameter control), Keith McMillen Softstep, TC Electronic Ditto X4 stereo looper, EHX Pitch Fork, Count to 5 granular delay, Strymon Ojai R30 Power Supply, Dunlop DVP4 Volume pedal, Vovox audio cables. The pedalboard goes into the back cover of the Gator, the Softstep in the front cover.
Not visible : 2 custom made cabs with Celestion 12' FX200 speakers

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4257.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 264
Hey guys, I thought I'd try this bi-amping thing. Am I doing it right?

IMG_20190326_181044.jpg
Just kidding of course, after the firmware update and copying over my presets the second Axe FX III will get a new home in my rehearsal room accompanying my Marshall 1960A and Engl 2x35W power amp :) My original plan was to use my old Axe FX II XL for home recording and have the III stay in the rehearsal room, but I came to the conclusion that I'd rather have a second III and sell the II.

The next improvement for the home studio would be to put the Axe FX below the monitor, but the stand of my current monitor is not adjustable so I'll need to buy a new monitor for that...

Hi All,

Here is my Axe FX III rig currently. Still sorting out the pedalboard situation but the rack is complete.
May use my Mission pedals with the FC12. Boss FV500 just for appearance shown here. Looking at Temple audio board (have one for my AX8 board that I built. Or, may opt for a pedalboard road case that fits just the two Mission pedals and FC12.

Xitone match wedges (light and easy to carry; sound great; loud)
SKB rolling rack: SKB 1SKB-R6UW
Line 6 G90
Furman PL-PLUS DMC - 15A w/Voltmeter/Ammeter
Matrix GT1000FX-1U
AxeFXIII
Fractal Audio FC-12

20190301_153907.jpg 20190301_153941.jpg 20190301_153916.jpg

Hi All,

Here is my Axe FX III rig currently. Still sorting out the pedalboard situation but the rack is complete.
May use my Mission pedals with the FC12. Boss FV500 just for appearance shown here. Looking at Temple audio board (have one for my AX8 board that I built. Or, may opt for a pedalboard road case that fits just the two Mission pedals and FC12.

Line 6 G90
Matrix GT1000FX-1U
AxeFXIII
Fractal Audio FC-12

View attachment 53626 View attachment 53627 View attachment 53628

Very nice rig thanks for posting. I've been looking for a passive wedge to use with my Matrix but I'm not sure which to go for. Those Xitone's look really good.

Hi All,

Line 6 G90
Matrix GT1000FX-1U
AxeFXIII
Fractal Audio FC-12

View attachment 53626 View attachment 53627 View attachment 53628
It's not real until you peel off the plastic, man! ;)

Hey guys, I thought I'd try this bi-amping thing. Am I doing it right?

View attachment 53623
Just kidding of course, after the firmware update and copying over my presets the second Axe FX III will get a new home in my rehearsal room accompanying my Marshall 1960A and Engl 2x35W power amp :) My original plan was to use my old Axe FX II XL for home recording and have the III stay in the rehearsal room, but I came to the conclusion that I'd rather have a second III and sell the II.

The next improvement for the home studio would be to put the Axe FX below the monitor, but the stand of my current monitor is not adjustable so I'll need to buy a new monitor for that...
I would personally not recommend putting the monitor or the monitors (speakers) on the Axe Fx. I think that's a recipe for noise...

Very nice rig thanks for posting. I've been looking for a passive wedge to use with my Matrix but I'm not sure which to go for. Those Xitone's look really good.
Yes....definitely check them out. Been very happy with them for out front monitors. Easy to carry and rugged.

It's not real until you peel off the plastic, man! ;)

So true..... and I am laughing at this comment as I just sold my AxeFXII a couple months back and IT STILL HAD THE PLASTIC ON THE SCREEN. Long running joke on the forums with peeling that thing off. The FC12 in my pic was literally opened up an hour before the photo and ...yes, I will pull the sticker off....at some point ....maybe. jk

I would personally not recommend putting the monitor or the monitors (speakers) on the Axe Fx. I think that's a recipe for noise...
Are you talking about noise due to electrical interference? I have no such problem here, or at least not at a level that would be noticeable over the noise from the Axe FX fan...

Are you talking about noise due to electrical interference? I have no such problem here, or at least not at a level that would be noticeable over the noise from the Axe FX fan...
Yes... Things like EMI, especially from monitors.

Yes... Things like EMI, especially from monitors.
Ok. As I said, I never noticed any issue with that, neither with the Axe nor with any of my previous USB and FW interfaces.

Also, I might be wrong here but I'd expect a power amp to cause a similar amount of interference to an active speaker with the same power. As putting the Axe FX into a rack with a power amp above or below it is one of the most common configurations and I've not heard people complain about noise in that scenario, I'm not too surprised I don't have any issues.

Ok. As I said, I never noticed any issue with that, neither with the Axe nor with any of my previous USB and FW interfaces.

Also, I might be wrong here but I'd expect a power amp to cause a similar amount of interference to an active speaker with the same power. As putting the Axe FX into a rack with a power amp above or below it is one of the most common configurations and I've not heard people complain about noise in that scenario, I'm not too surprised I don't have any issues.
That's a fair point on power amp vs monitor ;)

Back
Top Bottom