Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Here is my new Rig went from the axe fx2 - MFC101 - MFC extension which have served me so well
its unfortunately a good bit heavier.... have a extension that will be fittet to the Right side of the board for scene 2-6
How do you use this midi cable, where do you conect it to in the Axe?

3-jpg.50435

4-jpg.50436

How do you use this midi cable, where do you conect it to in the Axe?

3-jpg.50435

4-jpg.50436

You need to buy RJM's 2 input phantom power box to connect up the GT. It uses 2 x 5 pin midi cables to connect to the midi out and midi in jacks on the Axe and then you need a 6 pin midi xlr that connects to the GT and then either a 7 pin or 6 midi (depends's on which box you buy RJM sell both) that connects to the phantom power box and then will power and send midi info to the axe.

https://shop.rjmmusic.com/phantom-power-adapter-din7f-two-inputs/

https://shop.rjmmusic.com/phantom-power-adapter-xlr6f-one-input/

You might want to check out the RJM forum as well there's quite a bit of info on phantom powering the GT.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?forums/gt-general-discussion.14/

Hope that helps

Cheers
Paul

AFAIK it hasn’t that cable.

Only the GT/22 has that 6-pin XLR port. To use it you need the special phantom power box for 6-pin XLR. That box takes the 6-pin XLR connector and provides (din) MIDI IN and OUT ports to connect to the III.

I use this setup.

It’s all explained in the RJM wiki page in Fractal’s wiki.

Is it a good idea to leave it closed? They Axe FX get's the airflow from the side holes and therefore from the back of the rack.
What's Cliffs opinion on that? @FractalAudio

Plenty of ways for air to get in and circulate.

Never had issues with ATA cases using front panels (closed backs).

But I don't have it on all day. I'll have it on for a few hours at a gig and that is it

So I never use the unit for more than a few hours at a time.

I just got this rack sent to me today. It's the newly designed SKB Model 1SKB-R6UW heavy duty 6u rolling rack case. Very sturdy but light, a lot lighter by 21 pounds compared to my OSP 6u road case. It's a little big, compared to my shallow rack, but I can live with it because of the rolling feature and storage space for cables.

20190123_221220.jpg

I just got this rack sent to me today. It's the newly designed SKB Model 1SKB-R6UW heavy duty 6u rolling rack case. Very sturdy but light, a lot lighter by 21 pounds compared to my OSP 6u road case. It's a little big, compared to my shallow rack, but I can live with it because of the rolling feature and storage space for cables.

View attachment 52038

Looks great!!!

20190308_192332.jpg 20190308_192450.jpg

Words cannot express how happy I am with the sound and versatility of this rig (and smaller versions of it). I had the opportunity to play on a bigger stage this weekend and utilize this full "4x12" backline. I also got to use my FC-12 for the first time with new Mission expression pedals (Two are springloaded). For smaller gigs, I can grab a single CLR and maybe just two Mission pedals, etc. For emergency backup to the AxeFXIII or a quick grab-n-go practice I might grab my Helix Floor and a single PowerCab. I use the PowerCabs in 'Flat' mode, but they provide a little more "chest thump" than the CLRs with more directionality. Not sure if you could call this amp-in-the-room, I just call it unbelievably-badass-sound-in-the-room!

Tremendous thanks to Fractal Audio, Atomic, and Line6 (and numerous guitar companies) for providing such incredible tools to create music.

Back
Top Bottom