Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Axe 3 arrived last week; here’s my WDW rig with Friedman SS100 & CAE 3+ for preamp tones.
Friedman 4x12 for dry sounds & Bogner 1x12 for wet sounds from the Matrix amp.
891_ABB39_FA48_451_F_AC9_E_175_A7_DD82942.jpg
I am not familiar with that Friedman head, so I go to YouTube to check it out and I swear that the video I just watched has that same bookcase behind it....

I am not familiar with that Friedman head, so I go to YouTube to check it out and I swear that the video I just watched has that same bookcase behind it....
Confirmed! lol first result on google. That's a good eye for details to notice the bookcase :p

Ha! Hoping you saw my video.
It’s an amazing amp; full, huge & sounds stunning
Yeah I saw the one where you compare it to the BE100. That amp sounds amazing, Fractal should model it. Hard to tell from a video but it just sounded more alive. Both amps are amazing anyways. I saw some of your other videos, looks like your new rig setup isn't using the Eventide Harmonizer anymore. Do you feel like you don't need it with the Axe 3?

Yeah I saw the one where you compare it to the BE100. That amp sounds amazing, Fractal should model it. Hard to tell from a video but it just sounded more alive. Both amps are amazing anyways. I saw some of your other videos, looks like your new rig setup isn't using the Eventide Harmonizer anymore. Do you feel like you don't need it with the Axe 3?

Correct - the Eventide DSP400 is 1990's technology; some people like that but the Axe III does everything it can do & the Axe is quieter

I'd really like to more about that power conditioner/breakout panel, i.e., who makes it, where can I get one, etc.

I just finished reworking my power conditioner/breakout panel in anticipation of the Axe III. I'm also purchasing a 4u SKB Roto rack to go along with it.

Here's what I've got so far:

IMG_1101-e1521867237897.jpg

I'm hoping the Liquid Foot will get an update soon to handle the III's new sysex features. I emailed FAMC support the other day and received the following response:

Fingers crossed for an update some time in the near future. :)

I’m still working on the patch panel but this is my mostly complete rig. Really wish this case came in 5u. Stuck a tuner in the open slot but not really digging that. Wish there was something more compelling for the extra space.

Where did you get the patch panel?

DO you have a link for whatever you used to attach the back for the Axe to the rack?

Made it out of solid cherry couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 49544

Nice joint work! I’m building one as well but I’m being super lazy and just laying the top panel across the sides with wood screws. It will work fine, and it’s just for home aesthetics (need to figure out my tolex colors and handle strap leather style still) but visible or not, well done craftsmanship never goes out of style

Those Chinese RGBW leds are pretty awesome on a bang for the buck scale. I think I got about 30 feet of lights, a remote control, the controller unit, and it’s even got an audio input jack so you can have them strobe to the beat, change color etc. near infinite color palette too with a little touch circle you just blend colors with.

Haven’t done anything overly creative yet, but tons of possibilities with those things

Axe 3 arrived last week; here’s my WDW rig with Friedman SS100 & CAE 3+ for preamp tones.
Friedman 4x12 for dry sounds & Bogner 1x12 for wet sounds from the Matrix amp.
891_ABB39_FA48_451_F_AC9_E_175_A7_DD82942.jpg

Love this pic! Which pedalboard are you using @flash6969? My little Diago is running out of space and am I considering getting a larger one and possibly the RJM too.

Back
Top Bottom