Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Mine finally arrived last Friday, straight into a new SKB shallow case.
3wVk4ez.jpg

Nice patch panel - did you put that together yourself?

Nice patch panel - did you put that together yourself?
Thanks.
Yes I did; all the XLR's are male-female connectors, but all the jacks I needed soldering. On of the jacks is stereo, connecting to 2 other mono jacks so that I can plug my stereo guitar in and have it go to Input 2 L and R or use a Y cable to insert to mono jacks into the panel.
The MIDI connector will be redundant as soon as a FC-6/12 is finally available.....

AXE FX  III with back to basics_edited-1.jpg

Well here is an AXE FX III set up you probably haven't seen...
I still use my AXE FX II XL on the live gig, which is where it is set up right now along with my large and heavy power amp along with my EV speaker cabinet, until I explore all of the sound possibilities of my AXE FX III first before I take it out.
So this picture is my set up at home. I didn't have any working practice amps at home anymore so I went downstairs into my "Museum of old 20th Century Gear" that I have held on to for years and came across this Galaxy Audio self-powered mic stand vocal monitor. This is also known as a Galaxy Audio "Hotspot" monitor. I thought this is going to sound terrible with just a little 4" speaker in it but figured it would probably be good enough to test out new block and preset configurations on my AXE FX III.
Well to my surprise this thing sounded "fantastic" running the AXE FX III into it. I was blown away as to how clean and full all of the tones sounded coming out of the crappy little 4" speaker. It sounds so good I am tempted to take the little Hotspot out to the gig and mic it through the PA. This will be a future experiment...lol...so I will have to say the AXE FX III can probably make any old audio amplifier of any type sound great. Maybe I'll try hooking it to my car stereo next!!! Lol...

We shall call this "the wall of awesomeness"

Outstanding and well done!

This rig was set up to run the Diezel or BE separately or in stereo, with the BE100 in mono or as W-D-W. Got tired of all of the stuff required to make that happen so I dumped most of the rack and will now see how good the Axe III is at doing dual amps thru the stereo DXR's. Just have to set it up! My personal feedback is that the Axe versions of the Herbie and BE100 are damn good.

Back
Top Bottom