Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Unless the Carvin amp has a build in load, he needs the two notes, an LB-2 or another load not to fry his amp......
Absolutely, but the Two Notes Studio serves another function as well — It’s Cab IRs and mic simulation are on par with (or better than) anybody out there. And coming stereo in from the Two Notes to the AX3 is pristine audio quality.
I need to do a comparison between a) going straight from the Amp / Two Notes Studio to Pro Tools and b) going from the Amp / Two Notes Studio through the AX3 then to Pro Tools... I bet the two would be near indistinguishable.
Anyways, for me it was mostly about saving CPU for more effects in the signal chain.

MhQSGVY.jpg

Danny W.

MhQSGVY.jpg
@Danny W. that's a lot of gold! :D

I'm not a fan of chrome or nickel :)

Man, beautiful guitars.

Gibson gets the credit for that.

@Danny W. Do those Raezers Edge cabs sound as good as they look? I'd never seen them before your post.

RE cabs are designed for jazz guitar players and sound fabulous for that purpose. Sixteen years ago I was driving these cabs with Acoustic Image Clarus heads for all my gigs and rehearsals. After a few years I switched to Acoustic Image combos, which sound almost as good and save a lot of weight. The RE cabs were too nice to sell--Rich Raezer was murdered in 2005 and another company now builds RE cabs, but these two were custom-built for me by Rich, so I repurposed them as in the posted photo. Both speakers have an hf driver with adjustable level; however a designed-in midbass bump makes them not quite flat. Close enough for me, though, and I could easily dial it out with the eq on any Fractal modeler if I wanted. I suspect that many monitors that people use for FRFR are no flatter. ;)

I've posted similar photos three times here--in the Axe II, AX8 and now the Axe III forum.

Danny W.

MVIMG_20180520_203535 - Copy.jpg MVIMG_20180520_195143 - Copy.jpg

Still a work in progress. Right now the goal is to get everything set so there is no repatching or changing internal I/O settings between gigs, rehearsals, and practice at home. Output 1 goes to either FOH or my DAW, Output 2 splits off before the cab sim and goes to the Matrix powering either the Carvin 4x12 or a Matrix NL212 cabinet.

So far, I'm loving the front/rear autodetect on Input 1. Goofing off at home, I just plug into the front panel. At rehearsals or gig, I can run both magnetic and piezo pickups into the Audio Technica wireless unit for instant switching between acoustic/electric sounds. I'm experimenting with a Fishman Spectrum DI in the back of the rack running on an effects loop. Although it's not made for solidbody electrics, I like the body it gives to the piezo sounds with some parametric EQ and reverb after it.

Still thinking about mounting a couple of Mission expression knobs in the gap below the wireless unit for set & forget parameters like a global input trim or delay boost.

The most important part of the rig is probably the 500 lb hydraulic lift cart. :D

^ you going to use it in your live shows or stay with the AX8 (or both) ;)
Sorry I missed this question back when you posted it. Eventually I will switch over to the III for gigging. I've just gotta get all my presets built on the III first. Once Axe- Edit III is fully up and running it will be a lot easier to do. I'm really just waiting on the Pitch Block and the copy/paste function to be implemented. Hopefully soon... :D

Very cool to see the Rockmodule Head! Don't let that go.

Just got the Axe III :) Thought I share the first direct to PA amp in a box concept the Tom Scholz Rockmodule Head and now with the latest in direct processing, Fractal. Endearingly called the "Alpha & Omega" rig......

0lPiBmC.jpg

View attachment 46890 View attachment 46891

Still a work in progress. Right now the goal is to get everything set so there is no repatching or changing internal I/O settings between gigs, rehearsals, and practice at home. Output 1 goes to either FOH or my DAW, Output 2 splits off before the cab sim and goes to the Matrix powering either the Carvin 4x12 or a Matrix NL212 cabinet.

So far, I'm loving the front/rear autodetect on Input 1. Goofing off at home, I just plug into the front panel. At rehearsals or gig, I can run both magnetic and piezo pickups into the Audio Technica wireless unit for instant switching between acoustic/electric sounds. I'm experimenting with a Fishman Spectrum DI in the back of the rack running on an effects loop. Although it's not made for solidbody electrics, I like the body it gives to the piezo sounds with some parametric EQ and reverb after it.

Still thinking about mounting a couple of Mission expression knobs in the gap below the wireless unit for set & forget parameters like a global input trim or delay boost.

The most important part of the rig is probably the 500 lb hydraulic lift cart. :D

I was thinking that rack looked a bit heavy. How much does it weigh? Is the lift on a van?

Back
Top Bottom