Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

2 words: 4 amps😈
Can you please tell me how the double Axe-FX III setup works, please ?
What is the specificity of linking them by AES ?

Do you use them in parallel or in serial ?
I'm really interested in that configuration because I own both an Axe-FX III and a FM3 (which only have spdif, but I think it can work) and would like to try to link them but can't imagine yet the benefits of it. Feel free to tell me what it allows you to create...

What's that monitor in the corner Thomas?
if you´re asking about monitor in 1st pic, we have two of them, these are cheap Behringer PA for vocals.
Sometimes I use them with my ax3 and they sound really, really good, considering how cheap they are (ca. 230€ each).
I just have to roll of some low end in global EQ inside ax3 to make them "guitar like" as they are 15 inches in diameter.
We love them for what they deliver at this price.
The sound coming from them is very punchy and loud.

Can you please tell me how the double Axe-FX III setup works, please ?
What is the specificity of linking them by AES ?

Do you use them in parallel or in serial ?
I'm really interested in that configuration because I own both an Axe-FX III and a FM3 (which only have spdif, but I think it can work) and would like to try to link them but can't imagine yet the benefits of it. Feel free to tell me what it allows you to create...
It's looking like it might actually not be possible. The guy I'm working with at support thinks it might be because only one of the units can use internal word clock. As a result, the return path can't receive audio. He's confirming with an engineer, but if it turns out to be the case, I'll use Mogami Platinum patch cables instead. That shouldn't have much impact on the audio quality. I'll let you know when they get back to me.

PS: Don't try setting both units to external word clock. Loud and nasty digital static is the result.

Nice Blue Les Paul. I almost bought one of those in 2018, but then opted for the Cherry. Still on the fence that I made the right decision.

What's the smaller Marshall you are plugged into on top of the JCM 2000?
+1 That blue Les Paul is a beauty!!

Why are some of the LED's not lit on the TriAxis?
And do you use the available switching in the TriAxis/2:90?

LEDs - Just the angle of the photo.

The switching in the 2:90 is the only reason to own a Triaxis IMO. By itself the T/A is a reasonably decent sounding preamp that's way too complicated for it's own good. It's not that it's particularly difficult to use, it's just that for every one great sounding setting on it there are 100 variations of nasal/thin/flub. The 2:90 modes make it worth the hassle, because it makes all of those decent sounding settings sound fantastic.

What's nice is that the 2:90 is just external switching for the modes, so it wouldn't take much to set it up for the Axe-3 to be able to change modes w/Scenes. I actually have a controller that will do it (Voodoo Labs) that I use with a Mark V to change channels, but as a bedroom hero it's just easier for me (and less cables) to just poke the button the old fashioned way.

Attachments

• IMG_9972.JPG
    IMG_9972.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom