Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Sup? ;-)

Mine is gonna have to sit right here where I can reach it for now, cause it won't fit in the console where I had My Axe-II. When Axe-edit is updated to work with it, I'll probably move it to one of the vertical slots.... or maybe I'll just build another console like I did this one....lol

MOSHON
DAVE

I love my Latte's! I'm sure you do too! =:·D

I spent about 3 hours today just going through presets on the III. The Latte sounds amazing! Although, I’m considering downsizing to the Ristretto. I play mostly clean/edge of breakup so I don’t need tons of low end.

The Robusta also looks interesting I’m not sure it’s worth the extra weight and it seems there is some compromise compared to the Latte.

I spent about 3 hours today just going through presets on the III. The Latte sounds amazing! Although, I’m considering downsizing to the Ristretto. I play mostly clean/edge of breakup so I don’t need tons of low end.

The Robusta also looks interesting I’m not sure it’s worth the extra weight and it seems there is some compromise compared to the Latte.

wonder how the latte is vs. the xitone mbritt; one of the guys on here was explaining the science of the speaker placement and why the accugroove guys made some rookie mistakes in physics

wonder how the latte is vs. the xitone mbritt; one of the guys on here was explaining the science of the speaker placement and why the accugroove guys made some rookie mistakes in physics

If you like how it sounds and that's what matters to you, great. But if you want accurate, the design doesn't make much sense, makes unnecessary compromises. If you came across my rant (lol) you know what I think of it so I won't go on.

If you like how it sounds and that's what matters to you, great. But if you want accurate, the design doesn't make much sense, makes unnecessary compromises. If you came across my rant (lol) you know what I think of it so I won't go on.

that rant helped me decide on xitone, thanks!

until my xitone mbritt gets here, using it through studio monitors and my apollo twin mkii :)

temprig.JPG

Planned to do a new rig when the III arrived (my name came up on the wait list far sooner than I was expecting, not complaining though!) with a shallower rack etc, but my basic old Gator 4u just works fine and whats actually really cool about the III being shallower is that I can keep my patch bay (which frankly I don't even need these days) and my Furman both in their existing spots in the back. With the older II, it was deep enough that if I wanted to use a rack position on the back I couldn't have the 2u II at that position in the front. Shallower would be nice I suppose, but I'm really not going to be hauling the thing around anyways and hardly seems worth the cost of a new rack just to shave a few inches off the depth. Given mines a rotomolded plastic not like it saves any weight either.

Haven't connected my wireless yet but I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of the auto-switching inputs so I can wire the wireless to the rear and then just plug into the front and have the III automatically use that input when it detects a cable. That is one really small feature, but really a brilliant one.

Whole rig is sitting on a $29 amp stand that I did a little DIY on to make it hold the rack case. Its just the ideal height and angle so that I can sit there with a guitar in my lap and easily work with the front panel from my chair. Kind of have to do it that way til Axe-Edit comes out but the new UI is just really quick and well thought out, in some cases I think maybe even quicker than the mouse...we'll see

Only thing I've still got to do is get the Dremel and mod the rack lid so the little handles on the III don't prevent it from closing, and get my monitor stands back up etc. Room is a mess as I must moved into a new place, and pretty much my only "furniture" is my desk with my computer on it and my III, all amongst a sea of boxes, but hey, priories right ?

IMG_2194.jpg

Got her all setup in a record amount of time thanks to the great new front panel. Realistically only played with it for 6 hours or so to get it gig ready. I tweaked my IIXL for about 3 months before I went direct to FOH full time.

Sounded awesome!

Last edited:
E7954365-1908-40CB-8CED-6BD000781A73.jpeg

... Still a work in progress. Excuse the disarray, but the signal flow is:
Guitar — AxeFX3 — guitar signal splits immediately...
Row 1) typical signal path Amp / Cab / Effects
Row 2) signal out Output 3 — Carvin Legacy 3 Amp — Two Notes Studio Loadbox / Cab Sim — back in Input 2 (stereo) — Effects
... both rows reunite to share delay and reverb.

I’m REALLY digging the sounds of the live Amp mixed in... I’ve always liked the Carvin Legacy 3’s clean tone.

I’m wondering if a better way to do it would be to (buffered) split the guitar signal and go into the AxeFX3 and Amp simultaneously instead of taking the guitar’s dry signal from an AxeFX3 output. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Back
Top Bottom