Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I have the Axe-FX III set up in my living room, where there’s plenty of space for me to practice and stretch out without worrying about bumping into anything. The laptop (perfect for Axe-Edit) is networked to the actual studio room, which is chock full of keyboards, the primary computer, and a surround monitoring system.

So while my primary tracking is done in the studio, I can easily fly in guitar work from the living room. Much better than trying to play in the tiny 4' x 5' hole in the middle of the studio.

That Yamaha MIDI controller meets my needs for a pedal board; the primary setup lets me directly access presets, while switching to the first function bank lets me switch between scenes, and the second function bank gives me direct control over the looper.

Windy the Strat started as an American Standard; I’ve added a Super-Vee BladeRunner trem (love that thing), Sperzels, glass knobs, and my hand-painted pick guard. I’ve got a set of custom Wiggins wood pickups coming by around the 4th of July, and that will likely be the last of the mods for this guitar.

It’s worth saying again that as a keyboardist, Fractal Audio’s gear has made all the difference for me in providing inspiration to stand there and play guitar for hours on end. Whatever limited ability I have or will develop comes directly from the joy that box delivers.

View attachment 68981
That guitar in the clear case immediately brought Wayne's World to my mind. :D

Converted my computer desk into a pseudo studio desk as best I could (work with what you got, right?). It's now my work from home office and studio setup space. Since I'm not gigging right now the old CPU cabinet in the desk worked out great for holding the III. Gets the job done :)20200618_133542.jpg

I have the Axe-FX III set up in my living room, where there’s plenty of space for me to practice and stretch out without worrying about bumping into anything. The laptop (perfect for Axe-Edit) is networked to the actual studio room, which is chock full of keyboards, the primary computer, and a surround monitoring system.

So while my primary tracking is done in the studio, I can easily fly in guitar work from the living room. Much better than trying to play in the tiny 4' x 5' hole in the middle of the studio.

That Yamaha MIDI controller meets my needs for a pedal board; the primary setup lets me directly access presets, while switching to the first function bank lets me switch between scenes, and the second function bank gives me direct control over the looper.

Windy the Strat started as an American Standard; I’ve added a Super-Vee BladeRunner trem (love that thing), Sperzels, glass knobs, and my hand-painted pick guard. I’ve got a set of custom Wiggins wood pickups coming by around the 4th of July, and that will likely be the last of the mods for this guitar.

It’s worth saying again that as a keyboardist, Fractal Audio’s gear has made all the difference for me in providing inspiration to stand there and play guitar for hours on end. Whatever limited ability I have or will develop comes directly from the joy that box delivers.

View attachment 68981
what is the foot controller please and how easy was it to link to the FXiii?

what is the foot controller please and how easy was it to link to the FXiii?

I thought someone might be curious. It’s a Yamaha MFC10 – no long text displays, but it’s well-built and quite flexible.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/midi_controllers/mfc10/index.html

How “easy” it is will depend on your experience with MIDI; for me, it’s a piece of cake, but I’ve been working with MIDI and hexadecimal since 1983.

All the info you need is well documented in its manual and the Axe-FX docs; you need to store hexadecimal cues in its memory. You can give the manual a look and see if it seems straightforward to you.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/317935/MFC10E.pdf

I didn’t see any on eBay, but at least one retailer has it for $279; you might try Craigslist and see if you can find one used for less. It’s built like a tank, so there’s a good chance you could do well used. Good luck!

lol well I like the styles and the options on them but I also like my Kiesel aries 7 , Ibaneze JS-2450 , PRS DGT , Caparison TAT II Dark Knight and Charvel SD-24 as well.
Like Ernie Ball Much? LOL

Attachments

• mine 2 .png
    mine 2 .png
    340.2 KB · Views: 81
  • mine 3 .png
    mine 3 .png
    244 KB · Views: 80
New Rig with the Axe FX III, the Axe FX II was since moved over for the Guest Guitar Player to use. Signal Path is Guitar to Shure GLXD Wireless to
Axe FX III, output 1 left & right feed the Crown XLS 2502, & the Output A & B channels feed the 2 Marshall 4X12 1960 Cabs. Rolls Midi-Buddy controls switching of Patches.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 336
New Rig with the Axe FX III, the Axe FX II was since moved over for the Guest Guitar Player to use. Signal Path is Guitar to Shure GLXD Wireless to
Axe FX III, output 1 left & right feed the Crown XLS 2502, & the Output A & B channels feed the 2 Marshall 4X12 1960 Cabs. Rolls Midi-Buddy controls switching of Patches.

What speakers are you using in your 1960s?

That's some serious noise making material you got there! :D
Hello Zedhed, Thank you! According to my decibel meter when I practice along with the MP3s going through the QSCs I am only reaching 95 DBs. But For sure I cannot hear my cell phone ring when I am practicing. The Crown 2502 can push each of the 4X12 cabs with about 200 Watts so this is plenty of power to make those Speakers move some air. I think my neighbors still like me, or perhaps tolerate is a better word for it.

Back
Top Bottom