Post-whatever players, what's your FX8 setup?

Budda

Axe-Master
As the title states, I'm hoping to see what other post-rock/hardcore/metal players are running for their FX8 setup. As someone who's coming from a timeline/bigsky rig, it some exploring to find cool reverbs and delays. That and the fact that the editing options are so deep, I probably won't touch most of them. Is anyone getting weird with it? After using a Dr. Scientist bitquest in studio this winter, I'm hoping to learn how to get extra weird with it.

Comment with your setup and preferred ambient effects below!

This is my normal giging rig, simple but allows for a lot of tones and effects. I use a lot of delays and pitch as well as a Over Drive in front to get the gain and response i am looking for. The pc editor makes it easy to create cool sounds.

Www.imbuedmusic.com

Attachments

• 7A31C548-B6FF-4678-95EB-8FE68141C154.jpeg
    7A31C548-B6FF-4678-95EB-8FE68141C154.jpeg
    879.7 KB · Views: 60
I used it in a post rock band briefly. I had to add an external pedal for big verbs (Eventide Space). The FX8 does REALLY nice bigger verbs and stellar delays, but I kept hitting a CPU wall. I was hoping to ditch all my pedals and just use FX8 exclusively, but that was not the case. To get the cavernous modulated verbs that I was accustomed to, I had to sacrifice all other effects.

I used it in a post rock band briefly. I had to add an external pedal for big verbs (Eventide Space). The FX8 does REALLY nice bigger verbs and stellar delays, but I kept hitting a CPU wall. I was hoping to ditch all my pedals and just use FX8 exclusively, but that was not the case. To get the cavernous modulated verbs that I was accustomed to, I had to sacrifice all other effects.

I'm hoping that the next version has some serious power for us reverb junkies who like to use other effects.

Mine is pretty odd I suppose, it’s all controlled from my Boss ES8 and is pretty much and Ambient synth setup going to a Bad Cat Hot Cat and Princeton

Back
Top Bottom