Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

Well, that'd be nice.

I worked in electronics manufacturing for many years, and tiny interruptions in their component suppliers can cause big ripples as delays move through their production line. I'd assume that Fractal is sourcing from a couple suppliers; Being tied to one source is risky, though unavoidable when they're looking at CPUs and DSPs, especially high-end and modern ones. Those companies probably make the chips in a couple places though, so maybe nothing else will get in the way and the units are moving smoothly.

Everything I've seen about the FM3 looks good and I'm interested in getting my hands on whichever one has my name on it. It's pretty amazing what we can do with a box like that feeding sound into a DAW on a laptop or into a FRFR.
I am using my old helix right now and I cannot tell you how much I hate it! I thoroughly enjoyed it when I bought it initially, but ever since AXE FX III, I just CANNOT!

Also I play really heavy stuff - so AXE FX it is for me. The helix is good for the softer crunchy stuff..but the AXE is a different beast all together!

Got on the waitlist for FM3 on March 1st 2020 when I think there was some announcement made that they are finally shipping or something on those lines.

I am just hoping there were knobheads who had no idea about FM3 untill March 2020 and they dont have a lot of people waiting after the AX8 batch clears up.

There's been a lot of speculation on what sort of curve the ordering made, both in the initial AX8 waitlist, then after the FM3 was finally announced. I'd expect a pretty steady signup rate for the AX8 waitlist, then a big spike after NAMM and a huge spike when the FM3 was announced, with it gradually tapering off.

I'm sure the folks at Fractal have gone through some elation then OMG then OH-SH*T! moments in the last year, and it would be interesting to see a chart that's been annotated with their comments as they moved through those stages until now.

I am using my old helix right now and I cannot tell you how much I hate it! I thoroughly enjoyed it when I bought it initially, but ever since AXE FX III, I just CANNOT!

Also I play really heavy stuff - so AXE FX it is for me. The helix is good for the softer crunchy stuff..but the AXE is a different beast all together!
I'm more blues, rock, R&B, jazz, but enjoy pushing the sound to the heavier side, so my Helix covers that nicely, and the last couple updates really improved its responsiveness in comparison to how they were when it first came out. I ordered the FM3 because I wanted the headphones and needed something much more portable, and because I prefer Fractal's deep editing. I'm considering selling the Helix and buying a FX3 just for the convenience of using the same patches on it and the FM3. There's something to be said for convenience and standardizing the interface.

Originally was on AX8 waitlist, but then they discontinued them, was put automatically on the FM3 waitlist, but I turned down the non HP unit on May 7, today got my FM3 invite on the HP unit, I immediately bought it and hoping to see it arrive by the end of the week. Excited to finally get one.

Is this necro posting now?

I got my invite for the headphone jack version. I'm going to have to wait a week or two before I pull the trigger on it due to a work related pandemic situation. (Everything is fine in case anybody cares lol)

I'm very excited! Got on the list for an AX8 in April or May 2019 if I remember correctly.

I hope everybody is enjoying theirs if they have it already.

sup bros....i just recieved my invite. Can I just wait until whenever to use it? like say november or december? No im not using the search function tonight because im drinking whiskey

Wait-list confirmation: July 21, 2019, 11:37 AM

Invitation to purchase: August 12, 2020, 1:21 PM

This is for the headphone jack version. I do not remember receiving an invite for the non-headphone jack version (email search indicates I have not).

sup bros....i just recieved my invite. Can I just wait until whenever to use it? like say november or december? No im not using the search function tonight because im drinking whiskey

The invitation-to-purchase link does not expire, but there is no guarantee that the unit will be in stock if/when you decide to use your link. :)

Back
Top Bottom