Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

I got on the waitlist April 25th 2019 and got my invite for the headphone model two days ago. Love my AX8 but I'll give the FM3 a go.

Didn't mean to cause a ruckus; wasn't thinking of Canadian shipments. My tax in US is 7.25% so I was estimating $1085 - $1105 total with tax and shipping.
Cheers!

Try ordering from Quebec. 15%ish taxe, shipping, brokerage, usd to cad...yep in the 2k cad$ ballpark...

But hey, i've been waiting for that for several years if you count how many times I lusted over the Axe series. Was/is too expensive with bells and whistles that I didn't "need". The FM3 has everything I need, no more, no less. being on the list since April 27th 2019, I CANT F* WAIT

And mastercard added an additional $ CAD to USD conversion fee bringing the total to $1605.49.... crooks.. its like you can't buy anything anymore without several middle men getting some take....

I live in Ontario. So it's not just:

(Price of the Amp + Shipping) then multiply by 1.35 (which is convert to CAD)then multiply that by 13% HST? What else do I have to pay?

I live in Ontario. So it's not just:

(Price of the Amp + Shipping) then multiply by 1.35 (which is convert to CAD)then multiply that by 13% HST? What else do I have to pay?
Duty and brokerage fees, thankfully all calculated and included in the expedited price.

I am not trying to be pessimistic, but I am simply concerned about availability. I think I probably put myself on the wait-list around the end of last year, but I honestly have no idea as to the specific date any longer. I got an invite for the non-HP-jack version some time ago, but I passed on that. I have not heard anything else from Fractal.

As I sold my AX8 earlier this year, I might have to find a plan B for the interim. Thinking of a HX Stomp as a get-by-for-now options, which I could then later sell (or so I assume). It would really be helpful if I could anticipate when a (largely de-bugged) FM3 would be readily available for purchase.
Alright......I have been a bit dense.......

It turns out that I DID receive an invitation to purchase the full-on FM3 (with headphone jack) about a month ago on May 20th.......and somehow I missed the email invitation. Maybe it got stalled in a spam folder or something, but I think it is simply more likely that it escaped my notice when it first arrived in my in-box. I just feel that I need to disclose that on the forum, as to not mislead others by creating a false data-point regarding time-line expectations. My apologies if I caused any confusion.

The HX Stomp IS a nice piece of gear and it WAS a bit tempting in its own right, smaller and cheaper than the FM3, etc., but money is kinda tight.....I just feel like I want to buy one thing, and know that it is going to be enough for a long time to come. I feel like staying in the Fractal family is probably the right call for me. I am glad I did not get so impatient as to buy the HX Stomp. So.....despite my email invitation being a month old, the Fractal ordering site accepted my order, so I guess the decision has been made, as I just ordered my FM3.

Thanks to all for the kind support and understanding.

The HX Stomp IS a nice piece of gear and it WAS a bit tempting in its own right, smaller and cheaper than the FM3, etc., but money is kinda tight.....I just feel like I want to buy one thing, and know that it is going to be enough for a long time to come. I feel like staying in the Fractal family is probably the right call for me. I am glad I did not get so impatient as to buy the HX Stomp. So.....despite my email invitation being a month old, the Fractal ordering site accepted my order, so I guess the decision has been made, as I just ordered my FM3.

Good call. I think I had some Fractal stuff hit my Spam folder, which is luckily pretty well managed so I can check frequently.

Stomp is a fun device but to me it's not quite in the same class, and I was already starting to get unhappy with it after about a month. With the FM3 there's just a lot more power and for me better sound/feel. Especially if you're already used to Fractal. The Stomp would be a fun piece of gear on a big pedalboard or for pure portable backup though.

Back
Top Bottom