Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

Wait list Confirmed 24 April 2019
Headphone Invite 28 May 2020

I decline the order. I am served with the Axe-Fx III at the rack and the Boss SY-1000 at the floor, as a MIDI controller and V-Guitar

I'm waiting for April 29th, and as I recall it took quite a while for them to get through the 23rd and 24th last time, but then it started to fly after that. I'm hoping for the same this time.

My current assessment:

The first day of sign ups for the FM3 was Apr 23, 2019. They started sending invites Feb 12, 2020. On May 8, 2020 they got all the way up to June 10, 2019 sign ups; then on May 11, 2020 they announced they got in the headphone jack versions and started all the way back at the beginning of the list to re-offer the headphone jack version to those that chose to wait.

That is 89 days to get through the first 48 days of signups.

[April 6, they stated they got through the first day and were on the April 24th, 2019 to get thru the first day (the 23rd). So the remaining 5 weeks (35 days) they went from April 24, 2019 to June 10 2019.

This past Thursday May 28th, 2020 we got back to day 2 of signups, April 24, 2019

So it took 54 days the first time around and 17 days the second time around to get through the first day of signups. At this rate it will take 11 days to get back to June 10 2019 signups. As for getting from June 10th, 2019 to early 2020 signups; since we can assume signups dropped off after the initial rush; 54 days to get through the first day and 35 days to get through the next 47 days; at this same rate it may take 22 days to get thru the next 94 days (September 12, 2019); and 14 days to get through the next 188 days (March 18, 2020) and 9 days to get to through the rest to get current.

My current assessment:

The first day of sign ups for the FM3 was Apr 23, 2019. They started sending invites Feb 12, 2020. On May 8, 2020 they got all the way up to June 10, 2019 sign ups; then on May 11, 2020 they announced they got in the headphone jack versions and started all the way back at the beginning of the list to re-offer the headphone jack version to those that chose to wait.

That is 89 days to get through the first 48 days of signups.

[April 6, they stated they got through the first day and were on the April 24th, 2019 to get thru the first day (the 23rd). So the remaining 5 weeks (35 days) they went from April 24, 2019 to June 10 2019.

This past Thursday May 28th, 2020 we got back to day 2 of signups, April 24, 2019

So it took 54 days the first time around and 17 days the second time around to get through the first day of signups. At this rate it will take 11 days to get back to June 10 2019 signups. As for getting from June 10th, 2019 to early 2020 signups; since we can assume signups dropped off after the initial rush; 54 days to get through the first day and 35 days to get through the next 47 days; at this same rate it may take 22 days to get thru the next 94 days (September 12, 2019); and 14 days to get through the next 188 days (March 18, 2020) and 9 days to get to through the rest to get current.

Considering you don't know any numbers, apart from a few dates, at best, what you've got here are guesses.
It's pretty much useless. Just enjoy your current gear - when FM3 comes, it comes.

In contrast, Fractal knows exactly when and how many people have signed up, how many invitations they send out each time, and how many people chose not to buy the non-Hp version. So... They can very easily tell how long each person has to wait for their invitation, but they are not willing to share this information with anyone... Meanwhile, people are left wondering - A month from now? A year? No idea. And here they go make up these baseless math theories...

Another topic:
What is up with people getting FM3's with not working footswitches (Till reset) and stuff?
Don't yall, at fractal, do QC before you send these out?
I am not angry, just disappointed, cause I want yall to succeed.

After all this, I sincerely hope we don’t all look back on this as a colossal mistake, like the Gibson Robot Guitar :oops:
I ordered a 10-pack of PCB mount USB-B ports, just to be safe. I've been very happy with all of my Fractal Audio gear. It's not perfect in every way, but it's great in almost every way. I've always been an early adopter of their products, which means I got the first version of the AxeFX-II and the MFC-101 without all the nice features that were added in later iterations of the products.

There is a strong demand for a full-featured floor version of the AxeFX-III, which the FM3 sadly is not. I'm going to buy the FM3 anyway, in spite of the shortcomings that have already appeared. Some can be fixed with firmware updates, others (like the limited processor power and number of switches, and now the USB port) can't be easily fixed in this iteration. It's still going to be a great processor, and a lot more convenient for certain situations. It's a bit of a chore lugging my AxeFX-III rack and FC6 to every gig. I also play steel guitar, and the FM3 will be perfect for that.

I can imagine an FM6 with twice the processing power, number of switches, number of ports for external switches, integrated expression pedal, and the more physically-robust USB-C port being released a year after I bought my FM3. While I'll be disappointed that I couldn't have bought an FM6 in the first place, I'll buy it anyway...after a very long wait on the waiting list, of course! :D

I'm proud to support a company that strives to create fantastic products, continuously improves them with firmware, and is very supportive of its customers.👍

Back
Top Bottom