Post Here if You've Received An FM3 Invite!

Waitlist: June 10th 2019, 2:43pm EST
Invite: May 8th 2020, 12:57pm

Although this is R E A L L Y tempting because my current amp is a Line 6 Spider IV that i've had since day 1 of electric guitar 7 years ago (and i'm tired as F*** of this thing), i need a headphone jack to practice while other people are around. More waiting for me i guess 😭😭😭

Waitlist: June 10th 2019, 2:43pm EST
Invite: May 8th 2020, 12:57pm

Although this is R E A L L Y tempting because my current amp is a Line 6 Spider IV that i've had since day 1 of electric guitar 7 years ago (and i'm tired as F*** of this thing), i need a headphone jack to practice while other people are around. More waiting for me i guess 😭😭😭
I tried this amp years ago and was very disappointed as it had poor dynamics and I was not able to dial in a good and well balanced sound at all 🤷‍♂️😯
You could try an adapter to use Out 1 with headphones. I will try the same 😊

Can you DM me your results and what it's like?
Yes, I can do that for sure 😊 I also tried it with the AX 8 and my AKG K-271 MKII and levels where good and the sound was great. No need for a dedicated headphone output 😊 but as I am on the list since 23 May 2019 I do not know if I will get a unit with the first batch of G66 at all 🤷‍♂️ and I am curios about the price of the no HP units. G66 is happy to have any units they can get but as many US and canadian customers passed for the first unit without headphone jack it will be interesting to see the price at G66 🤔

I read somewhere that the headphone jack and the output 1 are basically the same. Just that you need to make sure your headphones meet to output requirements. While I don't know how true this is I wish I hadn't deleted that damn email 🤦‍♂️. I would already have the unit and be locked away tearing my fingers up

Last edited:
Waitlist: June 10 2019
Invite: Today, May 8 2020
Ordered: Within minutes!

That was faster than expected! Thought I wouldn't get the invite until the end of the month. :)

Congrats.

wow, we’re up to June 10, 2019 already ... sounds like I’ll have to decide sooner than I expected (I got on the list 8/1).

A
What headphone amplifier do you recommend? how do you hook it up? What's an XLR splitter and what model of that do you recommend?
Amazon for XLR splitter and any cheap headphone amp will do, they all seem to be made by same producer in China , cheap ones anyways, work great tho

I read somewhere that the headphone jack and the output 1 are basically the same. Just that you need to make sure your headphones meet to output requirements. While I don't know how true this is I wish I hadn't deleted that damn email 🤦‍♂️. I would already have the unit and be locked away tearing my fingers up
You don't need the email, the important part is that you're on the list and they reached your turn to order if you want. The invite doesn't expire. Email they if you changed you mind and want to order and they'll hook you up.

Things could get moving pretty quick. Fewer waitlist signups the further we move away from the launch date. If the production of units stays the same or ramps up then we will all benefit. Well all of us except those who are trying to flip their unit for a profit. lol.
Yeah, I’m November as well! I’ve been sitting on the cash for this thing for months now. It’s the longest I’ve ever been able to hang onto a decent sum of money without blowing it on something.

What headphone amplifier do you recommend? how do you hook it up? What's an XLR splitter and what model of that do you recommend?
I figured this would be the best headphone solution for me. It was recommended by someone a long time ago. I'll have to reply to that post to inform people. I've never needed to use a S/PDIF jack, so this is ideal for me. It doesn't require using Out 1 or 2, and it might be able to be powered from one of the USB jacks. If not, I'll just use the other power sources on my board.

Amazon product ASIN B081MZVK64

Back
Top Bottom