Post Here if You've Received An FM3 Invite!

Have there been any updates recently about the units with the headphone jack? ETA?

Yes, Matt mentioned a few days ago that they're still on track for receiving the headphone jack units in May; though then they have to start the waitlist all over again (for the folks who didn't go for the non-hp-jack-version) ... so it's probably gonna be a few weeks until we're back in Mid-May 2019 waitlist territory with the hp-jack-versions.

Waitlist = 5/18/19
Invite = 5/5/20

Ordered!

Happy Cinco de Mayo to the May waitlist crowd, your invite should be coming soon!!!

Every week of invites goes through about one week of the waitlist now? If so, my invite will hopefully come around the end of the month. Waitlisted June 10 2019.

Got my invite this morning. Waitlisted since 5/18/19. None headphone jack version. Headphone version was not available - even if it was I would have opted to save the $50.

Waitlist: 5/22/2019 1:45pm
Invitation received: 5/06/2020 12:20pm

I'm not planning on purchasing it, anyone know if I can give the link to a friend to use instead? I know it mentions they're checking orders against the waitlist. If he's on the waitlist but signed up months after me, will the order go through?

Waitlist: 5/20/19
Invitation: 5/5/20

Purchased even though I really want the headphone jack.. Hopefully I can pick one of those up later. Can't wait though!

Waitlist: 5/22/2019 1:45pm
Invitation received: 5/06/2020 12:20pm

I'm not planning on purchasing it, anyone know if I can give the link to a friend to use instead? I know it mentions they're checking orders against the waitlist. If he's on the waitlist but signed up months after me, will the order go through?
Fractal respects the wait list. If you don’t want it, the offer goes to the next person in line. If you think about, that’s the fair way to do it.

If you ant your turn to go to your friend, you can buy it, and then sell it then your friend at cost. The warranty won’t transfer, but the hardware will.

Fractal respects the wait list. If you don’t want it, the offer goes to the next person in line. If you think about, that’s the fair way to do it.

If you ant your turn to go to your friend, you can buy it, and then sell it then your friend at cost. The warranty won’t transfer, but the hardware will.

So if someone bought one as a gift, the recipient can't use the warranty? Seems like the actual user would have to register it then nobody else could, no?

One reason we won't allow people to give their invitations to a friend is that it requires too much bookkeeping. If we did it for one person, we'd need to do it for all, and this could become a problem. Gifting a unit is OK, but warranty support would need to be handled with the cooperation the original purchaser.

Back
Top Bottom