Post Here if You've Received A G66 FM3 Invite!

Feels like a lot of people are passing on the unit without headphones do they are wizzing through the list!
I’m not fussed about them and more of a debate between this and the ax8 in terms of footswitches or even an iridium as a simpler small unit.
I suspect I’ll get one and try it - there won’t be a big hit on resale if don’t like it.

Also, got the e-mail for the non-hp version, decided to pass and wait for the "real thing". I was added to the FM3 list on 23 Apr 2019, 20:59 CET.

I got my wait list confirmation on 24th April 2019. So I'm checking my emails like

giphy.gif

Got my invite yesterday, May 20th (been on the list since April 23rd - 8:03 PM, CET, 2019). I passed...waiting for the headphone jack version. Hope it won't be several months behind :-/

Just got an invite for a no headphone jack FM3 from G66 thanks Sussi
My wait list date was 24/4/2019 @ 2345
Going to pass as I use headphone 50% of the time

Are we there yet , it's getting so close :)
G \../

Just got an invite for a non HP version and I went on the waitlist on April 30th. I am not bothered about the HP jack as I have a Behringer P1 I could use if I wanted to.

I also just received my invite but passed on....need a headphone for the FM3 gigs / purpose and don't want any hassle with adding usb sound cards or what not....someone will be happy now in the EU....;)

Just received an invite. Am torn, I only use headphones. Debating taking it and getting a headphone amp. I’m guessing nobody wants one without the jack so resale in a few years will suck. An amp powerful enough to drive my HD6xx is going to add over £100 sadly. I may just wait.

Does feel like everyone is passing on the non hp model, I suspect having the regular version available in the US now has made people think it will be here soon in the EU and the lack of gigs means there isn’t an urgency to buy gear unless it’s for home use where the head phones might be handy.
I was going to order one now but I’ll probably wait I think - at least that’s today’s thinking.

I‘m gonna wait, will regret it later I suspect. Between the need for an amp with appropriate impedance (the y splitter trick is going to alter the sound a lot at 600ohm output) and I think I read that usb audio from a computer can only be routed to output 1? That would be a total deal breaker.

Last edited:
I decided to order the Non HP version. My thinking is this:

- we don't know when the HP version will come to Europe, they will no doubt clear out the US first. I think we are just seeing the non HP now because they've been through the list and folk passed on it. I could be wrong.

- my Sennheiser HD6xx are a 300ohm headset. Whilst they will work on the built in HP output fine, they are known to sound much better through a good headphone amp and I've toyed with buying one for a while, this gives me a nudge. The Schiit Asgard 2 is on clearance right now, so I figured why not. I'd probably end up doing this with the HP version anyway.

I've ordered a pair of XLR to RCA cables from Amazon to convert the balanced output 1 to unbalanced and feed the Schiit.

I decided to order the Non HP version. My thinking is this:

- we don't know when the HP version will come to Europe, they will no doubt clear out the US first. I think we are just seeing the non HP now because they've been through the list and folk passed on it. I could be wrong.

- my Sennheiser HD6xx are a 300ohm headset. Whilst they will work on the built in HP output fine, they are known to sound much better through a good headphone amp and I've toyed with buying one for a while, this gives me a nudge. The Schiit Asgard 2 is on clearance right now, so I figured why not. I'd probably end up doing this with the HP version anyway.

I've ordered a pair of XLR to RCA cables from Amazon to convert the balanced output 1 to unbalanced and feed the Schiit.

I never use the headphone jack on my axe FX 2.
I have a separate audio interface in my home studio, and the jack is completely useless on band rehearsals and gigs.
But I will still be getting the HP version of the FM3, because it's a portable unit. I can imagine myself traveling for gigs, carrying the FM3 in my guitar bag. So, if I'm in a motel, a day before a gig, and I want to practice, that's where I'd be disappointed not to have the HP version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cem
I never use the headphone jack on my axe FX 2.
I have a separate audio interface in my home studio, and the jack completely useless on band rehearsals and gigs.
But I will still be getting the HP version of the FM3, because it's a portable unit. I can imagine myself traveling for gigs, carrying the FM3 in my guitar bag. So, if I'm in a motel, a day before a gig, and I want to practice, that's where I'd be disappointed not to have the HP version.

I can see that being an issue for you. Mine will never leave my home. If I needed that portability I'd probably get some IEMs and that wee amp device Marco shared in his thread though.

Received my invite, on the wait list since May 23th, just sent an email to Jacques asking if a return of the non hp FM 3 would drop me from the waitlist or if I would be at the same place of the waitlist again.
My AKG K 271 MK 2 headphones have 55 ohms and it would be great if I would only need an adapter but no headphone amp at all to get it working. On the other hand I will often use the FM 3 connected to my ipad pro with a Line 6 interface that has a headphone out. This worked very well with the AX 8. Tough decision but I will wait until I have an answer from Jacques. If an order of the non hp version would put me back at the end of the waitlist I would definitely wait until I get my invite for the hp version. The whole discussion about which impedance, which kind of headphone amp and how it could affect the sound of the FM 3 starts bothering me 😀🤦‍♂️

Received my invite, on the wait list since May 23th, just sent an email to Jacques asking if a return of the non hp FM 3 would drop me from the waitlist or if I would be at the same place of the waitlist again.
My AKG K 271 MK 2 headphones have 55 ohms and it would be great if I would only need an adapter but no headphone amp at all to get it working. On the other hand I will often use the FM 3 connected to my ipad pro with a Line 6 interface that has a headphone out. This worked very well with the AX 8. Tough decision but I will wait until I have an answer from Jacques. If an order of the non hp version would put me back at the end of the waitlist I would definitely wait until I get my invite for the hp version. The whole discussion about which impedance, which kind of headphone amp and how it could affect the sound of the FM 3 starts bothering me 😀🤦‍♂️

Yours have a low enough Impedance to be OK with the M Audio thing Marco recommended. None will work well with just a Y splitter. You want to have a headphone output be much lower than your headphone impedance, the out 1 and 2 are much much higher than any headphone in existence. Conversely, your headphone impedance is a bit too low to be optimum with the headphone jack on the FM3, though they will work..

Back
Top Bottom