Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

I would love to have some Koch-Amps in the Axe Fx, especially the Studiotone. (Paul Reed Smith for example is a huge fan).

I feel like these can all be tone matched. Hell, the Roadking II is basically a recto with switchable tubes and Lonestar cleans.

even cliff has said they (Mesa variations) are all different circuits and pot values, even when Mesa specifically says "lifted straight out of x...". Roadking/Roadster is as different from Dual Rectifier as Single Rectifier is from Tremoverb. bass center freq, gain structure, treble freq. as much distance there is from Recto 1 to Recto 2, there is twice that distance from Dual Rec to Roadster/Roadking, and Tremoverb is a whole different amp.

it sounds like stomping on a pile of broken glasses with boots on:

A stiletto is like a JCM800, but that somehow still puts out a low end fundamental more powerful than a rectifier, and waaaay more bass than a Freidman.

Studio Pre is very unique, it's high gain is way clearer than a triaxis, and without the power section it's very open sounding.

This is just line outs into a cab IR:

Last edited:
The Elmwood Modena is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. I owned one for a long time. The clean channel is like a Fender Bassman and the dirty channel is like a hot rodded Marshall.
Agreed. It is awesome and I look forward to playing the models.

I wonder if @FractalAudio has ever been tempted to release a "new" amp that is basically a clone of some vintage amp by just having two different names registered for the same thing :sunglasses:

I've got good news for you then, the Axe III already has a Bassman and a wealth of hot rodded Marshalls ;)
Hot Rodded Marshalls are like Snowflakes. Each one is special, unique, and deserves its very own Fractal model. But thanks for the input fun-killer committee chairman.

Hot Rodded Marshalls are like Snowflakes. Each one is special, unique, and deserves its very own Fractal model. But thanks for the input fun-killer committee chairman.
@hippietim is the fun instigator, not the fun killer. He's saying we've already got a Modena, just waiting to be played with.

Maybe we need a little randomize control where it can automatically make slight tweaks to cap values etc, to give that uniqueness across users all with the same amp model. We can then claim we’ve got a sweeter sounding model than the next guy lol

Maybe we need a little randomize control where it can automatically make slight tweaks to cap values etc, to give that uniqueness across users all with the same amp model. We can then claim we’ve got a sweeter sounding model than the next guy lol
You create the OP in the Wish List and I will hit the 'Like' button, my man.

@hippietim is the fun instigator, not the fun killer. He's saying we've already got a Modena, just waiting to be played with.
If the pot tapers do not match exactly then GTFO, because you are killing the fun. Be part of the solution not the problem, Rex.

Last edited:
If the pot tapers do not match exactly then GTFO, because you are killing the fun. Be part of the solution not the problem, Rex.

First you have to produce two of the same "off the shelf" amplifiers that have the same pot tapers and tolerances for all controls.

I'll be waiting in the Fun Killing Committee Room. There will be popcorn for you when you have the amps.

Reactions: Rex

That's what I'm saying, old dudes wax poetic about differences between 3 different year models of the same amp model, but then say "tremoverb, single rec, dual rec, roadster are pretty much the same thing..." Tremoverb is a bassman on meth, and single rectifier tracks as fast as a triaxis, it's a death ray. I will eBay one right now straight to NH if they'd take a listen. Don't even need it back.

That's what I'm saying, old dudes wax poetic about differences between 3 different year models of the same amp model, but then say "tremoverb, single rec, dual rec, roadster are pretty much the same thing..." Tremoverb is a bassman on meth, and single rectifier tracks as fast as a triaxis, it's a death ray. I will eBay one right now straight to NH if they'd take a listen. Don't even need it back.
I feel you dawg. Do not listen to the fun killers. 300 amp models or bust.

Another one for the list: Archon! Some other units have modeled it would love to hear Fractal's take. I'd even take a new clean amp in a pinch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom