Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

Mesa Electradyne. One channel, three different sounding modes, from clean to almost hi gain; some say "Mesa-dressed Marshall" ;)

I have one and I love it - but I plan to part with it, to buy again some FAS gear. That would cheer me up ;))

Can't you simulate this with the tube options within the Axe?
Sadly no. The sound isn’t just other output tubes. They did something else. It has more gain than a normal 5153 and it has some be 100 qualities.
The notes are squishy and tight in both gains channels. Very nice for single note stuff. When I palm mute, the whole room is shaking. More than with the other version.
The clean channel is very nice also. It has a very nice compression and punch.

Sadly no. The sound isn’t just other output tubes. They did something else. It has more gain than a normal 5153 and it has some be 100 qualities.
The notes are squishy and tight in both gains channels. Very nice for single note stuff. When I palm mute, the whole room is shaking. More than with the other version.
The clean channel is very nice also. It has a very nice compression and punch.

I wonder if some "B+Constant" adjustments, Sag, and Depth would be able to get you closer?

I'm casting my vote for the Fender Prosonic. I enjoy the dual cascading gain drive channel in the Bruce Zinky designed Prosonic: and the changes that accrue to the switchable rectifier (tube A and A/B or SS!) Great clean channel, too: dark for a Fender, usefully so. True, I can pretty much cop the feel with tweaks to other amp models, but it would be well worth having If it's architecture is significantly different from channels already on offer (among the half of the 250 plus models I haven't fully explored yet).

Yeah, I know Cliff will be a busy guy.....but he will get to new amp models at some point!

I would love the Friedman lineup to be expanded:D
BE-50 Deluxe
Phil X
JJ-100
SS-100
Butterslax
Pink Taco

& I expect these models on my minty fresh Axe-FX III to sound better than the same models released for the XL+ etc...:cool:

What are your amp wishes?

For sure the SS-100 and the ENGL Marty Friedman Inferno

Where can I get some awesome metal amps to add to the ones that came with the AX8?
Diezel and Rectifier...
Download the manual, and read enough to learn the difference between presets and amp models. Then come back and ask your question again.

Short answer: you can’t get any amps that aren’t already in the AX8. But you can find other presets, or make your own.

Never thought I'd be one to chime in on the "we need more amps" conversation but here goes...

I just read an interview on Reverb.com in which Dr Z didn't like modeled versions of his amps because they weren't special like the real thing. So he proceeds to embrace the tech, creates and sells his own profiles for Kemper. Well now I've got to try them out too.

I'd love to see something like this in the Axe III regarding the Z amps. More models but with Mike's blessing, kinda like Dave Friedman did.

So please, bring on the Z's!

Back
Top Bottom