Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

This as well. I'd LOVE an expert mode that exposed more deeper parameters. I'd love to have a couple dozen modulated delay lines with feedback, diffusion, and crossfeed controls in an open design setting.

I know it's probably asking for too much, but if you could "open up" blocks like the plex delay, for instances, and have some degree of control over things like, the location of high/low cut filters, diffusion, pitch shifting (for detune-type effects), etc. within the algorithm, and then maybe save it per preset, it would be awesome.

THIS. I'd love to see the Axe-FX III really challenge Eventide in the open effect platform category. Obviously, it doesn't need to be literally as open as Vsig, but maybe a couple new blocks and the option of more granular control in existing blocks would be awesome. Maybe it could be something like "expert mode" on the 2U Eventides: it defaults to the current behavior, but those looking for more freedom could go into a menu somewhere and enable expert mode to open up more parameters. This is probably my biggest wish.
Algorithms like Eventide's, while flexible, have to be compiled before they load, making load times insanely slow.

And while I don't oppose more amps, the II already has more than I can sift through.

Algorithms like Eventide's, while flexible, have to be compiled before they load, making load times insanely slow.

Any digital device has to load the preset. I have an H8000, I'm familiar with them, and they're not "insanely slow." They are slower than the Axe-FX, but the beauty of having something as powerful as the Axe-FX III or an Eventide is that you can treat each preset like a virtual rig, and turn different parts on or off without changing presets. That's obviously the whole idea behind the new "channels" concept.

Seeing as there's a legacy cab selection why not a legacy amp section? I still love the Axe Ultra Bogner model, the RK 100 and JCM 900. While they may not be as accurate they still have a desirable character.

A power amp only simulation would be fun too. Otherwise, I'm with Chris; everything ever!

Wouldn't be complete without this monster...

489050000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Of course we'd need the Ultra Res IR to go with.

Engl E646 "Victor Smolski". Used this beast some 3 years and sold it for something smaller - really hate that decision.
High gain out of the box with an abnormal amount of definition. Haven't played such a direct feeling and transparent High-Gain amp since then.

Another vote for the ADA.

Plus:

Matchless Hotbox (another pre-amp)
JCM900 - I liked mine when I had it!
Jubilee 25/50 - Had one back in the day, and maybe it's memory playing tricks, but mine sounded different to the 50/100 model which always gets modelled
Carr Skylark - sold mine when I got Fractal, lovely little amp

then maybe some FAS models which are more 'artist' focussed.

For example, SRV often used two amps - why not have a FAS amp that puts the pair into one?

Off topic - but some more drive pedals, definitely a Klon (I know you can get close), but also the Original Marshall Guv'nor, that into a Plexi is just immense!

Just get rid of all the amp models and replace them with a sensible set of FAS versions. Folks, you don't need a model of a gazillion different amp models to cover pretty much any tone you'd ever need. I know it's fun to just select whatever amps you've owned previously or been interested in but it just adds unneeded complexity.

I want this:
mezzabarba-mzero
I'm a lucky owner of the "real" one, I already tried my best to profile it with the Kemper, quite good results, but ... it's not the same, full stop. I'd love to hear how it would sound modelled on the FXIII, but i guess it would be impossible to get the terrific "spin" of the real thing!

I'm a lucky owner of the "real" one, I already tried my best to profile it with the Kemper, quite good results, but ... it's not the same, full stop. I'd love to hear how it would sound modelled on the FXIII, but i guess it would be impossible to get the terrific "spin" of the real thing!
I trust in Cliff's modeling skills :)

- Alembic Preamp F-2B combined with Hiwatt STA100
- Yamaha RA-200
- Doppolas
I totally agree.

PS: Hi dav9rock, nice to see you here. I remember of you on fennecelectronics and pinkover forums, I actually had one of your awesome pedals too for a short time ;)

Fender deluxe the Edge signature
Fender Harvard
Randall rg80 112
Fender 85

Back
Top Bottom