Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

Here area few that would be cool:

Dumble Steel String Singer (clean)/ Bludotone High Plans Drifter

New Two Rock Custom Reverb (circa 2017)

PRS Grissom

PRS Archon

Old Gibson GA-30 or GA-40

An old Acoustic solid-state head like Albert King and Frank Marino used to play....

...and a Pignose!

Last edited:
There are a very few Fenders missing but are amps I think are special:

6G6 Blonde Bassman (currently own one of these)
AA764 Black Faced Champ (owned but traded for a Boss Heavy Metal pedal; regret lol)

This might be sacrilege, but how about the Gallien Krueger 250ML amp channel 2? Mine still roars through a 4x12 1960a cabinet.

Wouldn't mind hearing that preamp going through a tube amp sim/cab.

Also has the best chorus/echo - comparable to a JC-120 / CE-1.

Using a 4x12 is cheating.

I like the idea of more FAS amps. Doing some idealized variants of some more classics would be cool. But honestly, I’d rather have some amp models that produce something new - perhaps stuff that can’t work physically.

A random amp generator might be cool where it takes components from different circuits to form something never tried. I used to write smart random patch generators for all my synths and some cool stuff came out of that which I probably wouldn’t have come up with on my own.

There’s so many on there already that I’m not really feeling the need and I’m used to having a lot of analog amps at my disposal at any one time. What I’d really like to see is more weird/esoteric effects. That seems to be really the only thing that’s missing at this point and even that has some coverage.

THIS. I'd love to see the Axe-FX III really challenge Eventide in the open effect platform category. Obviously, it doesn't need to be literally as open as Vsig, but maybe a couple new blocks and the option of more granular control in existing blocks would be awesome. Maybe it could be something like "expert mode" on the 2U Eventides: it defaults to the current behavior, but those looking for more freedom could go into a menu somewhere and enable expert mode to open up more parameters. This is probably my biggest wish.

THIS. I'd love to see the Axe-FX III really challenge Eventide in the open effect platform category. Obviously, it doesn't need to be literally as open as Vsig, but maybe a couple new blocks and the option of more granular control in existing blocks would be awesome. Maybe it could be something like "expert mode" on the 2U Eventides: it defaults to the current behavior, but those looking for more freedom could go into a menu somewhere and enable expert mode to open up more parameters. This is probably my biggest wish.
This as well. I'd LOVE an expert mode that exposed more deeper parameters. I'd love to have a couple dozen modulated delay lines with feedback, diffusion, and crossfeed controls in an open design setting.

Please add:

• Ampeg Portaflex
  • Aguilar DB 751
  • Acoustic 360
  • Burman Pro 4000 (more info here: Help: Trying to bild a Burman Pro 4000 Amp in the Axe FX 2)
  • Eden World Tour 800
  • Gallien Krueger 800RB
  • Gibson Thor (tube version)
  • Hartke Model 1400
  • Marshall Major
  • Marshall Town & Country
  • Polytone Model 101 or Mini Brute
  • Rickenbacker Transonic
  • Sunn Model T
  • Sunn 2000s
  • SWR Super Redhead
  • SWR Bass 750
  • Thunderfunk TFB800-B2
  • Trace Elliot V8
  • Traynor YBA-3A
  • Vox Royal Guardsman
  • WEM PA-1000
These would make bass players really happy as well as certain guitar players and bury the competition.

Most if not all have a good schematic floating around the interwebs too.

Last edited:
Have to go with Nuno's Amp/Actual ADA-MP1.

To be honest, it may be well beneath the threshold of current abilities... but people still dream of this amp and how it made them feel. It's iconic. It's been so long since most of us had one, and it may be outdated in it's abilities but it's very much like the game Tetris. Graphics=horrible by today's standards...controls=same. Ability=prolly same boat...but people still play the shit out of it when they get a hold of it. Why not do it justice? It's an ode to us old fellas when cigarettes were cheap and the blondes were cheaper...

Back
Top Bottom