Post An Old Music Related Pic Of You

Here's my band, way back when.. 'PANAMA GOLD.. (me at 22 years old on the far right)..
We were jumping off the rear end of a caboose...it looks like we're jumping off of a moving train, but the caboose was left on some abandoned tracks..
I worked for the Penn Central railroad and knew where the caboose was stashed and I thought this illusive shot would be cool to promote the band..

Attachments

• Photo on 1-31-22 at 1.03 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 1-31-22 at 1.03 PM #3.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
k8sHvRC.jpg

Basement Practice, Age 17, Still Trying to Reclaim this Physique I Once Had...

GJFi28j.jpg

Acoustic Open-Mic, 2004

jWWA5F3.jpg

Burt Teague's Open-Mic Jazz/Blues Jam, 2010

BX6ldlf.jpg

Burt Teague's Jam, 2011

m7fDpXg.jpg

Pro Photo Pic, 2015

Last edited:
First band, senior in high school, playing a gig at the nearby middle school. The '68 Les Paul Custom was a graduation present (purchased used in '75).

720-17.jpg

A few years later at our first real concert gig. That '77 ES-335 (purchased new) was stolen along with the Les Paul a year or two later.
VM at the Rockfest June 3 1979 800.jpg

Replaced the two stolen guitars with a very early BC Rich Mockingbird. This was at an outdoor show sponsored by the local radio station.
94 Rock Summerfest.jpg

On the road at a bar somewhere, testing the ceiling height during load-in for jumps off the drum riser.
720-23.jpg

Farewell gig with that band.
OTW at GCS.jpg

Present day.
Ben Bunner Shot at Ned's.JPG

More present day.
Angel Fire July 2021 Group 1024.jpg

Two photos, the first from 1980 of me with my super rare Messenger guitar, made famous by Mark Farner of Grand Funk, and the second around 2000 with my purple EBMM Axis, made famous by some dude who played with Sammy Hagar. Both guitars and my right forefinger are gone. I might miss the Messenger more than my finger.
DEA2C0FE-B73B-4E4D-B5D5-ECDF41A68C55_1_201_a.jpeg
08A71B05-809F-4AAA-A30C-DED298103476.jpeg

Awesome!! Why guitar when you could have been the next Dizzy or Miles??? :)
It’s a good question. I auditioned to get into one of the best performing arts programs in the city and it was fierce. I was accepted and was in jazz band by 10th grade. I ate and slept the horn. Like every other 15 year old bronxite at the time (NOT-read:sarcasm) , I was a classic metalhead. Now, my dad for whatever reason HATED music, and I mean he hated it with a passion. I’d sit at the record player (was part of a big old console back then) with my squiggly wired closed back cans and listened to my records. Notable influences that bit my balls were Iron Maiden # of the beast and RR Tribute album. RRs guitar was just……larger than life and just every hair on my body would stand on certain notes.

During school, it was the finer points of a ii V7 I. When I got home, it was the Aria Pro II I worked all summer for.

By the end of high school, I was playing no horn and all guitar. Did not pick up the horn again until 3 years ago at NAMM. They had these plastic practice trumpets. I kinda got the itch to play. A few months ago I went to a small local mom and pop for a set of acoustic strings. I normally get my stuff thru the mail often from the horses mouth but I was in a pinch. They had some horns up on the wall and a 10 dollar sale turned into a 1300 dollar one.

Love the outdoor gigs!
I like being outside for gigs in sunny California but I typically don't enjoy it because for some reason my fret hand fingers "stick" a lot... I have to make sure to have some Finger Ease or some other fretboard lubricant it really sucks.

This only happens when I play outside... :(

That looks like the 50 watt Peavey Classic I had when was a teen. It was my 1st amp, and had a built-in phase shifter.
Yup, same here. First electric guitar and amp, a 50W Classic with 2x12(?, maybe a 1x12) Black Widow Speaker(s). You might have owned a later model...mine only had reverb and 2 channels, IIRC. Chorus, maybe. Never used it if it was there. Original price new was $200, the SG, $400, cable $25. Total price tax included almost out the door, $666. Had to toss in a $15 leather strap so Mom wouldn't be so upset with the 666 price tag. True story.

As a side note, I think the tubes on that Peavey lasted for almost the time I owned the amp from '77 to '95. I don't recall needing doing a tube swap, maybe once. Those things were built to last.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom