Post Amp Moddeling FXloop EQ-ing Filtering low & highs & separate Block

musicman0001

Experienced
I bought ROKIT 6SE monitors and Native Komplete Audio 6 for HOME and have made loads of presets to play with. See lot's of people having the CAB directly after the Amp.
And when going live through PA it sound pretty similar then the Rokit 6 monitors.

EDIT:

So nowaday's I trim the LOW CUT FREQ. To squeeze the lows to my AMP and CAB.
I did trim the rest with the BRIGHT & TREBLE

upload_2016-5-1_12-34-31.png

So based upon ealier PO, Title and answers I changed my title and question:

To have the effect of POST AMP moddeling "elmininated" to FXLOOP (i.e. to have the excesive highs and lows changed as it's to me way too much) and not changing the sound for the cab moddeling and sound out to PA.

What is BEST to use for this?

GEQ, MultiCompressor, PEQ or any other suggestions?????

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-30_21-4-59.png
    upload_2016-4-30_21-4-59.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 45
  • upload_2016-4-30_21-14-16.png
    upload_2016-4-30_21-14-16.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 45
  • upload_2016-4-30_21-15-58.png
    upload_2016-4-30_21-15-58.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2016-4-30_21-17-11.png
    upload_2016-4-30_21-17-11.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
  • upload_2016-5-1_12-34-20.png
    upload_2016-5-1_12-34-20.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Are you using the real EL34 amp as a power amp only for your stage cab (EL34 FX return), or using the front input (EL34 pre-amp) ?

Power Amp simulation is part of the AMP Block itself, I think you'll find it will sound fine leaving it on for your real cab setup, will give you some extra balls, and you have to have it on anyway for your direct sound. I have my FXL block on its own row after an EQ block (and nothing else connected after that), so i can tweak the tone there before it gets to the stage cabs.

Are you using the real EL34 amp as a power amp only for your stage cab (EL34 FX return), or using the front input (EL34 pre-amp) ?

Power Amp simulation is part of the AMP Block itself, I think you'll find it will sound fine leaving it on for your real cab setup, will give you some extra balls, and you have to have it on anyway for your direct sound. I have my FXL block on its own row after an EQ block (and nothing else connected after that), so i can tweak the tone there before it gets to the stage cabs.

Yep, power amp only for my sound on stage.
If amp modeling is part of amp block, then there is no other choice then to tweak the sound going into the fxloop and indeed has to be seperated from then soundchain. And perform EQ for every preset.

Cliff/FAS:

Wouldn't it be easier and even more logical to have amp modulation at end of chain? That one can choose in the chain if and especially where one needs the amp modulation? This will avoid all tweaking in presets to have the effect of amp moddeling out of chain when going to a real tube amp (fx loop). And also means you can choose behaviour of effects before or after amp modulation.

When using the EQ, is it different for every preset and/or amp?

Does anyone knows what the effect of amp moddeling has in terms of high and lows. So i can make a global filter, to filter out the extensive lows and highs.

Or is it not possible to have a one trick pony filter to take out the effects of amp moddeling?

Also made a request in wishlist, so like and post remarks if you would like to avoid filtering and tweaking due to amp moddeling when using an real tube amp to cab from fxloop ;)

edit: has been requested before and not feasible.

So question remains: what type of eq should one use?

Last edited:
Oh you could do that, it's already in there. Use two amp blocks, don't worry the 2nd one will not eat much CPU power, since amp blocks are on a different CPU.
Use the first amp block as preamp only, turn off it's power amp part (sag=0). Put the 2nd amp in the chain for the direct outs at the end and select a neutral preamp block, tube pre or so, you can have any poweramp part there that you want.
That way your cab out chain is free of the power amp simulation, but the other chain has it.

Oh you could do that, it's already in there. Use two amp blocks, don't worry the 2nd one will not eat much CPU power, since amp blocks are on a different CPU.
Use the first amp block as preamp only, turn off it's power amp part (sag=0). Put the 2nd amp in the chain for the direct outs at the end and select a neutral preamp block, tube pre or so, you can have any poweramp part there that you want.
That way your cab out chain is free of the power amp simulation, but the other chain has it.
^^this!
Or in alternative try a peq block and use bands 2 and 4 to create a graph similar to the one you see in the speaker tab of the amp block, but INVERTED (cut those frequencies instead of boosting them) and eventually use bands 1 and 5 for hi and low cut. This should cancel out most of the poweramp sim coloration.
You can also use an expander if you feel the sound coming out of the real cab is too compressed.

Back
Top Bottom