Post a Good Tone with Every Amp!

nick1527

Inspired
If im honest i probably only use 2 or 3 amp models on the axe II and tend to come back to the same IR's all the time.

I'd like to use more of the stuff thats on there but other than the models i favour 5150's Marshall JVM's Mesa Mk's and Shiver Clean i find it pretty difficult to get a good tone.

It would be cool to hear a good tone with every amp from those of us who are capable of posting clips!

Why dont we try and fill up a thread with clips/songs of good tones using every amp and see if we can get through them all?

Obviously there is a lot of subjectivity to 'good' but something that sounds realisitic would suffice.

New "finds" even in these first 10 amps... I didn't like band commander before but the TV cab suits it great. Atomic low is nice, and Big hair reminds me of gen 1 pod. Not so nice.

Damn man... that sounds really good.

-Nate

would you be willing to share the patch for this? that was amazing

Thanks! I didn't save any patches but sure, I'll try and recreate it.

Edit: Oh no, just seconds after posting this, my PC died. Well, I've got a patch now, just cant send it. Basically, take the bandmaster, drive 10, bass 4, mid&treble6.5, cab 103 (TV mix), and add medium room reverb, crank the reverb time to 10 seconds and adjust mix to taste.

Oh, add RCB drive and it gives a great rock tone. This all applies to a single coil strat only.

Last edited:
Aziz,
Excellent demo of amps. Nice chops! Thanks for posting the patch as its totally plug and play and sounds identical to to recording8)
Greg

Bludojai Clean, Rumble EV12L cab. Trashing a nice old song. (Lasse Mårteson - Myrskyluodon Maija) (Something like "Mary of a stormy.. err.. tiny rocky island with no vegetation")
060820_1713.jpg

Ah, I ran out of Soundcloud minutes. :(

Last edited:

Soundcloud compression is really ugly with this kind of one instrument, one note -stuff!

Check out youtube for those Myrskyluodon Maija -versions, there should be some good ones. (Like "Lenni Kalle Taipale")

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom