Post 15.02 update - was about to throw my Axe in the garbage...

Karl Houseknecht

Power User
I updated to 15.02 at home last week and it sounded great. Sounded absolutely AWFUL at band practice tonight. It was tinny, shrill, lacking in low end. I tweaked and tweaked and it still sounded awful. Singer was making faces at me like someone farted. Just terrible. Every patch was bad.

About a half a set in, I just happened to rest my foot on my expression pedal that controls wah and it rocked forward to the off position (I have it engage at the top).

Awesomeness again. :)

Moral of the story: check to make sure your wah isn't engaged. Even better, if your wah is a global block like mine is, make sure you didn't accidentally save your patch with the wah engaged and in the top part of the sweep. :D I spent the next couple of songs tweaking my amps back in like they were from the start. I never tweak at rehearsal, and I know the guys were getting ticked off about it, but it was unavoidable. Amazing how much better I played after that when I didn't have to worry about the tone.

I love to hear a story end like this. I think I had a few of those moments over the years first with the Ultra and then the 2, but thankfully we can either come here and find the answer or ask question and get some real helpful tips by the users plus Cliff and his staff are around too, or we sometimes find out it was a silly mistake that went unnoticed.

At least it was at practice and not during a gig. Better the singer, than the whole audience making faces at you. :)

Last edited:
At least it was at practice and got during a gig. Better the singer, than the whole audience making faces at you. :)

I unfortunately had nearly the same thing happen at a gig. Somehow the WAH block got saved as "on" at the previous rehearsal - it wasn't pleasant, but I knew my MFC programming well enough to jump to another patch that was in the ballpark before I could troubleshoot in between sets.

I now go through every patch at sound check.

Back
Top Bottom