Possible with the Mixer block and XP?

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
I've been working on a few "Kitchen Sink" presets. This particular one uses both amp and cab blocks in parallel rows plus a mixer block. I have it setup so that an expression pedal will quickly fade in from one row to the other. ie.....chorus clean to breakup in scene 1, clean to dirt in scene 2, crunch to rhythm in scene 3, Lead 1 to chorus clean in scene 4 and Lead 2 to crunch in scene 5.

I'm trying to get it so that when I call up a scene...it starts with a particular row regardless of where the xp pedal is at.

example:

Scene 1 is called up: Mixer block is at 10 on Row 2 fader and at zero on Row 3 fader. XP pedal can fade in or out both Rows.
Scene 2 is called up: Same
Scene 3 is called up: Same
Scene 4 is called up: Mixer block at zero on Row 2 fader and at 10 on Row 3 fader. XP pedal can fade in or out both Rows.
Scene 5 is called up: Same as Scene 4

I been trying different settings with the controller option in the mixer block.I think it's good for the first 3 scenes as I have the chorus clean, clean and crunch on amp 1 in row 2. But when I go to scene 4 and scene 5 it's not quite working out.

I don't think the 4 channels of the mixer block are meant for separate controller parameters too?

Also ...the controller options on the mixer block have "All" or any of the single channels as an option. I figure that allows different controller settings?...Maybe just meant for different setting options for scenes?

Basically trying to get the mixer block to be at the desired setting for each scene called up.....all the while having an XP assigned to the faders ...to fade in and out each row as desired while on the scene.

Thoughts?

What footcontroller are you using? This kind of thing would be easier with certain MIDI controllers (including MFC-101) as opposed to an FC-x. For example with separate MFC presets configured to select scenes, you can define an initial pedal CC value for each. You also need to reach the position corresponding to that value before it starts sending pedal CC data again, which is probably good for this. (The last bit could be avoided per scene if needed by setting pedal init. value to "none" and sending the CC another way e.g. IA, XS, internal CC or custom message.)

I made something on the Axe II that almost works using a scene controller and pedal both controlling signal flow with auto-engaged volume blocks, but the sound reflects the pedal position for the first ~100 ms after any scene change. There might be a workaround but I'll have to think about it some more. It would work fine and be less complicated if auto-engage worked like this: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/prevent-auto-engage-from-defining-new-scene-state.131062/

What footcontroller are you using? This kind of thing would be easier with certain MIDI controllers (including MFC-101) as opposed to an FC-x. For example with separate MFC presets configured to select scenes, you can define an initial pedal CC value for each. You also need to reach the position corresponding to that value before it starts sending pedal CC data again, which is probably good for this. (The last bit could be avoided per scene if needed by setting pedal init. value to "none" and sending the CC another way e.g. IA, XS, internal CC or custom message.)

I made something on the Axe II that almost works using a scene controller and pedal both controlling signal flow with auto-engaged volume blocks, but the sound reflects the pedal position for the first ~100 ms after any scene change. There might be a workaround but I'll have to think about it some more. It would work fine and be less complicated if auto-engage worked like this: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/prevent-auto-engage-from-defining-new-scene-state.131062/

Interesting ...

I’m using the FC-12

I like the idea of this you pointed out....

“you can define an initial pedal CC value for each.”

And...

“You also need to reach the position corresponding to that value before it starts sending pedal CC data again, which is probably good for this.”

I don’t see why this will not or should not be available to the FC foot controllers?

Back
Top Bottom