Possible? When using ext IAs?

Here are screen shots from MidOX (which I have never used before). Let me know if there is something specific you want to see.

This shows right after selecting a preset, then pressing the IA for Chorus 1 Channel (which turns it off, it is on by default) followed by selecting scene 6:

View attachment 48033

Here is a shot of selecting scenes 1-6 in sequence:

View attachment 48034

As you can see, there is NO additional or unexpected midi data being sent. Each line is a single click of a single scene IA in sequence from 1-6.

I am using CC# 34 for scenes and CC# 6 for Chorus 1 Channel as can be seen in the sysex output.

Doesn't make sense. Selecting a channel does not turn an effect on or off. I suspect you have bypass also mapped to CC #6.

Doesn't make sense. Selecting a channel does not turn an effect on or off. I suspect you have bypass also mapped to CC #6.
It's not a problem with turning the effect on or off... Sorry, maybe getting confused with the OP?

In my case, the channel selection persists across scene changes.

All scenes in my presets (there are 2 presets) have chorus 1 on channel A as saved.

I can alternate between channel A and B with with the IA switch in any scene BUT that selected channel remains selected across any scene changes.

So, if I select Channel B and then change to any other scene, Channel B will be the active channel.

It's not a problem with turning the effect on or off... Sorry, maybe getting confused with the OP?

All scenes in my presets (there are 2 presets) have chorus 1 on channel A as saved.

I can alternate between channel A and B with with the IA switch in any scene BUT that selected channel remains selected across any scene changes.

So, if I select Channel B and then change to any other scene, Channel B will be the active channel.
No Scene Revert for you?

You said "pressing the IA for Chorus 1 Channel (which turns it off, it is on by default)". I'm totally confused as to what you're trying to do. Channels don't control the bypass state.

Otherwise I cannot replicate the behavior. I used your exact settings and the channels remain as set.

You said "pressing the IA for Chorus 1 Channel (which turns it off, it is on by default)". I'm totally confused as to what you're trying to do. Channels don't control the bypass state.

Otherwise I cannot replicate the behavior. I used your exact settings and the channels remain as set.
The IA switch "state" is ON, meaning it selects channel A. In the OFF state it selects channel B.

I am not attempting anything with bypass state of the Chorus, only switching between channel A and B.

I decided to test if Scene Revert made a difference.

I turned it ON and the issue was gone.

I then turned it OFF again and the issue was gone...

I did not change anything else besides Scene Revert from Off to On back to Off, but it's working as expected now.

Odd...

More like:

Rex... use a non-latching pedal.
Cliff... use your current pedal and set Type to Latching.

Either one works.

I've checked my settings and they are in order. My external switches are latching switches and the Type has always been set to "Latching" and Scene Revert is on.

Still...no change....I've tried all 3 types with the same results. Switching scenes does not revert to the saved state of the external switch.

I think 666was999 post may have the reason.

The ext ctrls are the tools to keep an effects status or a certain parameters value even when changing presets or changing scenes. Perfect for stomp box setups.
To make something get reset to its stored state when changing a preset or a scene don't use the externals.

I just tested it here and it works as intended. Your MIDI controller is sending additional data with the scene change.

I recommend connecting a MIDI monitor to MIDI through to see exactly what is getting sent.
I tried it here too. I don't have the issue either. Using old Art X-15. Might be because I'm using 2 midi cables art out - axe in, art in to axe out.

Back
Top Bottom