[Not a Bug] Tuner (Sample Rate)

NaturalScience

Inspired
So here's a weird one. I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, seems like a bug. Using fw 2.04.

I have my Axe Fx III hooked up to a Presonus Studio 192 via SPDIF. I keep it hooked up this way but normally monitor through a poweramp/cab. So the Presonus is free to switch sample rates as needed depending on what else I'm doing.

If the word clock on the Axe III is set to "Internal", the tuner always works fine. If I set the word clock to "SPDIF/AES In" and the sample rate on the Studio 192 is anything but 48 kHz, the tuner doesn't report the correct pitch. Obviously the required sample rate for the Axe III is 48 kHz, but there definitely usage cases where I'm playing along with music that's in 44.1 kHz and I'm not sending any audio to the Axe FX III via SPDIF. I will revert back to the internal clock source, but this doesn't seem like intended behavior.

I don't remember what else in the I/O menu I have changed from default. SPDIF/AES select is "SPDIF," SPDIF/AES Out Source is "Output 1," Input 1 Source is "Analog," and the guitar is plugged in via the front instrument input.

So here's a weird one. I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, seems like a bug. Using fw 2.04.

I have my Axe Fx III hooked up to a Presonus Studio 192 via SPDIF. I keep it hooked up this way but normally monitor through a poweramp/cab. So the Presonus is free to switch sample rates as needed depending on what else I'm doing.

If the word clock on the Axe III is set to "Internal", the tuner always works fine. If I set the word clock to "SPDIF/AES In" and the sample rate on the Studio 192 is anything but 48 kHz, the tuner doesn't report the correct pitch. Obviously the required sample rate for the Axe III is 48 kHz, but there definitely usage cases where I'm playing along with music that's in 44.1 kHz and I'm not sending any audio to the Axe FX III via SPDIF. I will revert back to the internal clock source, but this doesn't seem like intended behavior.

I don't remember what else in the I/O menu I have changed from default. SPDIF/AES select is "SPDIF," SPDIF/AES Out Source is "Output 1," Input 1 Source is "Analog," and the guitar is plugged in via the front instrument input.
The Axe-Fx requires a 48 kHz clock. Anything else will screw up the calculations.

Hi i have the axe fx 2 bought it new from day one .the tuner never was accurate is there any way to recalibrate it ? Any help would be great thanks

Back
Top Bottom