Possible to use a button on FC-6 as damper pedal for Korg Kronos?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Just thought of this- would it work? Has anyone used their FC6 as a damper pedal? I'd like to incorporate my Axe and FC into controlling my Kronos a bit more. Id rather not run a long MIDI cable if I don't need to if a simple short 1/4" cable will suffice. Thanks!

You would need to do it over midi, with the FC6 sending a midi CS to the Axe, then the Axe sending the midi command to the Kronos, and you'd need to have the right mapping for the dampener pedal. So technically, yes, it can be done, but its probably a whole lot easier just to plug a pedal right into the dampener jack on your Kronos and not have to mess with everything, (IMO)

You would need to do it over midi, with the FC6 sending a midi CS to the Axe, then the Axe sending the midi command to the Kronos, and you'd need to have the right mapping for the dampener pedal. So technically, yes, it can be done, but its probably a whole lot easier just to plug a pedal right into the dampener jack on your Kronos and not have to mess with everything, (IMO)
Ah; so none of the jacks in the back of the FC6 send the right kind of signal to negotiate a damper pedal? That's a bummer, but not a huge deal. Thanks for the help!

Ah; so none of the jacks in the back of the FC6 send the right kind of signal to negotiate a damper pedal?

What's your intended connection scheme here?

You can make the Axe-FX send appropriate damper CCs from its MIDI Out port when an FC external switch is used. Set up damper commands (CC#64) as control switch MIDI, add control switch to some layout, set external switch as stand-in for the CS. I believe the relevant settings are all global so this would be like 2-3 minutes of setup.

Reactions: Rex
What's your intended connection scheme here?

You can make the Axe-FX send appropriate damper CCs from its MIDI Out port when an FC external switch is used. Set up damper commands (CC#64) as control switch MIDI, add control switch to some layout, set external switch as stand-in for the CS. I believe the relevant settings are all global so this would be like 2-3 minutes of setup.
This. If your Kronos can accept MIDI damper commands, then the Axe III can be programmed to send those commands when an FC switch is pressed or released.

Back
Top Bottom