Possible to turn off mains speaker output from software while leaving headphone output on?

bxlgotham

Inspired
Trying to avoid getting up and turning my powered monitors on/off every time I want to use my headphone. Is there a setting to do this?

Output 1 and headphones are hardwired...

You could use Output 2 for your monitors. Just set Output 2 Mode to Echo Output 1 in the global settings. Then use Output 2 knob to control monitor volunteer.
THanks, but a dumb question, what's telling my monitors to use Output 2 now and not 1? I am not changing any of the wires on the back right?

You have an apollo x4 right? On “Console” (Software mixer of UA) use the Cue outs and mute the monitor output. Check the manual for details.

Plug the Monitors in the back of your Axe FX III into Output 2. When you set Output 2 Mode to Echo Output 1 in the global settings it routes the Output to Output 2. Use the Output 2 Volume knob on the front of your Axe FX.

Plug the Monitors in the back of your Axe FX III into Output 2. When you set Output 2 Mode to Echo Output 1 in the global settings it routes the Output to Output 2. Use the Output 2 Volume knob on the front of your Axe FX.
OK now that I've done that, how do I tell AFX3 to use Output 2? Now the music (that was previously being played out of my MacBook into the AFX3 via USB) and the guitar input are both silent. So how do I now tell the unit to use that output?

Trying to avoid getting up and turning my powered monitors on/off every time I want to use my headphone. Is there a setting to do this?
When I patch the mains, I set the poweramp/monitor in a different strip, so I can switch them on only when needed. It's useful to avoid bump when starting PC or other connected device.

Back
Top Bottom