Possible to set initial value per scene AND control by external pedal

Howdy! I use my AF3 with the FC-12 and 3 external FC (two Boss FV-500 for volume and delay mix, and one Mission for wah).
I normally set my delay block with a modifier connected to "input gain"> FC Pedal 1. Works as a charm.
Other times I have 'em set to fixed values by scenes. I.ex: Scene1 = 20%, Scene2 = 30% etc.
But - Is there any way to achieve both? I want the scenes to be loaded with a fixed value, but as soon as I move/change the external pedal, this fixed value will be overwritten by the pedal position?

Last edited:
Not quite if you're only using an FC. You could sort of get halfway there with a certain auto-engage setup (muting & unmuting parallel paths into delay with one using a scene controller on volume) but this has the problem of auto-engage being treated like a block edit. So, returning to a scene where the pedal took control previously will immediately reflect the pedal's latest position.

It would be easier to get some MIDI controller that could send a couple CCs for scene change & ext. ctrl. value, and an expression pedal set to the same ext. ctrl's CC#. Technically you could probably loop the Axe MIDI Out to In and use scene MIDI commands, but the pedal data would still have to be sent as MIDI CC and not one of the FC pedal ports.

Not quite if you're only using an FC. You could sort of get halfway there with a certain auto-engage setup (muting & unmuting parallel paths into delay with one using a scene controller on volume) but this has the problem of auto-engage being treated like a block edit. So, returning to a scene where the pedal took control previously will immediately reflect the pedal's latest position.

It would be easier to get some MIDI controller that could send a couple CCs for scene change & ext. ctrl. value, and an expression pedal set to the same ext. ctrl's CC#. Technically you could probably loop the Axe MIDI Out to In and use scene MIDI commands, but the pedal data would still have to be sent as MIDI CC and not one of the FC pedal ports.

Thanks for replying.
My bad. Forgot to mention that I use the FC-12, with 3 expression pedals (two Boss FV-500 for volume and delay mix, and one Mission for wah).

Why not run the delay in parallel with one control on Input Level and a second control on Output Level?

Why not run the delay in parallel with one control on Input Level and a second control on Output Level?

I suppose because that wouldn't quite be what he's looking to do. The pedal's position would always influence the delay level heard, so you couldn't guarantee something like whatever 30% input gain sounds like when switching to a certain scene.

Back
Top Bottom