Possible to monitor with 2 pairs of headphones at same time?

jdiz86

Buddy is coming over to track some bass. I want to be able to listen to him tracking his bass and monitor at the same time as him. I have 2 pairs of headphones. He will be using phones coming out of the front panel phones jack. I have tried using connecting the second pair of headphones to the rear panel Output 1... but only get sound through Output 1 Left. No sound coming out of the right side of the phones. I'm messing around with the I/O and I can't find a solution.

I'm using abelton. Axe fx is connected via usb. everything sounds great coming out of the phones connected to the front panel phones jack.

Is it possible to be tracking and/or monitoring with 2 pairs of headphones at the same time?

Why not plug the other headphones into your computer and monitor with the DAW?

I don't think using the main outputs is going to work to drive headphones, but even if it did you would need a Y-cable to get Output 1 L/R to the headphones.

If you have a small mixer with headphone output, you could send Output 1 there.

Why not plug the other headphones into your computer and monitor with the DAW?

I don't think using the main outputs is going to work to drive headphones, but even if it did you would need a Y-cable to get Output 1 L/R to the headphones.

If you have a small mixer with headphone output, you could send Output 1 there.

No mixer. I do have an audio interface, but it only has one headphone out as well. Maybe the only solution is a y-cable to connect to the back panel, like you said... or a mixer. I thought I was missing something in the I/O to be able to get sound coming out of two outputs for 2 pairs of headphones.

I've mainly recorded on my own, but have recently brought my other bandmates in to record. I don't have studio monitors at this time, so just working with 2 pairs of headphones.

Would a Y-cable from the headphone jack work?

41dulO%2Bz3BL.jpg

Would a Y-cable from the headphone jack work?

41dulO%2Bz3BL.jpg
A Y-cable typically splits a stereo signal to two mono signals... I think they do make headphone splitters, though. Not sure if that would work well with the Axe Fx.

Since it doesn't smell money, just buy a headphone splitter and check that you have the adapters for plug size and you'll be fine...

Best would have been to give him headphones and you to listen through studio monitors.

Cheers

A Y-cable typically splits a stereo signal to two mono signals... I think they do make headphone splitters, though. Not sure if that would work well with the Axe Fx.

I should have been more specific and said a splitter that is stereo (TRS) at all ends. I can't see why it wouldn't work with an Axe-Fx unless there's not enough power to drive to sets of headphones. (I'll profess ignorance about that sort of thing.)

Back
Top Bottom