• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Possible to make Axe word clock slave to recording interface when recording via USB?

bassface

After a bunch of reading I still can't suss this out:

If I'm recording via USB, is there a way to set the Axe to slave off my Metric Halo ULN-8's clock?

Ideally I'd like to go: Axe analog ins --> USB --> Mac --> DAW, with ULN-8 being master clock.

I'd also be happy going: Axe analog ins --> USB --> Mac --> ULN8 --> DAW (with ULN-8 being master clock).

Do I need to incorporate an AES cable?

If it's not possible to do either of the above, what are my best setup options where I can use the the ULN-8 clock as master? I'd like to be able to run 2 wet and 2 dry channels to my DAW...

Thanks !

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Set Word Clock to SPDIF/AES In. Connect a cable from the ULN-8 to AES In or SPDIF In. Set SPDIF/AES Select to appropriate input used.

bassface

Thank you, got it.

Now, with the AES cable connected and those settings correct, do I still need to treat AFX & Metric Halo as an aggregate device in my audio setup, and in Logic do I choose the aggregate or just ULN-8 as output/input device?

Thanks again !

Top Bottom