Possible to load a layout with preset?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Basically, I need to tap dance a little less with my FC6; I'm hoping to be able to be in View 2 of a layout which has my Preset toggle up/down switches, but when I land on a particular preset using those foot switches, I'd like it to return to View 1 automatically; not for every one, mind you, but just for that one (or whichever ones I need it for). Is this possible?

Between Layout Links and Per-Preset footswitches, you should be able to find something that works for your needs.

Hmm. The link only seems to work for the switch in general, not just the preset... Looks like it may not be possible. That said, I do find that useful for one other thing I need, so I appreciate the direction; you did save me some tap dancing :D

Maybe I'll add this to the wish list...

Hmm. The link only seems to work for the switch in general, not just the preset... Looks like it may not be possible. That said, I do find that useful for one other thing I need, so I appreciate the direction; you did save me some tap dancing :D

Maybe I'll add this to the wish list...
Cool. Can Per-Preset footswitches get you part of the rest of the way?

@Rex I think it's close enough... Now I'm able to set it up so the switch in View 2 that goes to my main "meat & potatoes" preset automatically reverts to View 1, which is more or less what I wanted anyway.

EDIT: Got it - I just assigned the preset up/down to the same function as the toggle up/down, and then assigned the link to Layout 1, View 1 to the hold functions. So now, I can scroll, but if I wish to use the upcoming preset in View 1, I just hold. Thanks again for reminding me about the Layout Link function!

@Rex I think it's close enough... Now I'm able to set it up so the switch in View 2 that goes to my main "meat & potatoes" preset automatically reverts to View 1, which is more or less what I wanted anyway.

EDIT: Got it - I just assigned the preset up/down to the same function as the toggle up/down, and then assigned the link to Layout 1, View 1 to the hold functions. So now, I can scroll, but if I wish to use the upcoming preset in View 1, I just hold. Thanks again for reminding me about the Layout Link function!
Cool! I love when a plan comes together.

Back
Top Bottom