Possible to blow a QSC K12 speaker?

paultanderberg

Inspired
So, to start I use the AxeFX for guitar mostly. I've had a couple of instances where I need to play bass, though and I've been wondering if I should run my K12 as a monitor like I do when I play guitar. I don't NEED to pump it through, or at least I don't need thunderous lows on stage. I just need to be able to feel some punch and run it to the FOH and they can run it as hot as they want (I play at a church that is able to hold 300 ppl but still has 4 decent sized subs, perhaps a little overkill)

Should I not use my K12 for a monitor as I could risk blowing the speaker or is it reinforced enough to handle anything I give it, bass-wise?

Last edited:
It should handle it fine...
If it starts to distort or sound "flubby", back off the volume some.
The internal amp should be limited (or not powerful enuf) to blow its own speaker.

I set up my first custom patches thru a K12 & a KW18. We tried it with only the K12 and it was definitely punchy, but it was obviously not as beefy on its own as it was when paired with the KW18...

I think you can get by indoors with just the K12 - sounds like your PA will assist you in the low end. But I'd pair the K12 as a monitor with a sub for huge & outdoor shows...

>> Possible to blow a QSC K12 speaker?

Haven't tried it myself, but if that's your thing, go ahead and just do it.

Back
Top Bottom