Possible new 8.01 bug?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I'd like confirmation on this...

When I am editing from the front panel, when I get to the AMP block, it always has Amp Y selected (which frequently results in no sound). Are you folks seeing the same?

Pete

I'm not able to replicate that behaviour here.

Do you have AMP X/Y selection assigned to an external IA? Is that external pedal perhaps not hooked up right now so the default value for the IA is being used?

I have an MFC-101, but honestly I haven't mucked with ANYTHING on it - it is at all default values. I do have two Mission pedals, but both of them are (and have been) set at full value all along.

Pete

Weird - mine is doing it consistently.

The only thing I did that might have an effect is that I restored patches from 7.00 from EEPROM. This behavior didn't happen under 8.00, and appears to be tied to my 8.01 upgrade.

Pete

I've had that happen on a few patches that I had not tweaked prior to 8.01.

With all the problems with Axe-Edit, I had reloaded all the factory patches when 8.0 came out and had tweaked the first 7, which come up with the correct amp now when I hit "layout", "Amp", then edit.

However, any of the rest of the factory patches which I have not tweaked come up as the Y amp when I do the same thing.

Axe-Edit is not involved. Just the front panel.

Right - same here. These are 'default' patches that I have not had my hands on. I have also been using the front panel, as I cannot get Axe-Edit to work with any level of consistency.

Pete

plyall same here, i have a custom patch i made in 7.x then went straight to 8.1 and that's happening to me

I had the same thing happen on every patch I tried tonight (about 10).

I updated from 7.00 to 8.01 tonight using Axe-Edit. Disconnected the USB & used the front panel only thereafter. I use a Roland FC-200 to change patches.

I have my Axe setup so that the front panel X button goes into the Amp edit mode. The first time I pressed the front panel X button on each preset that I tried, the amp switched to the Y amp (which I typically have setup as a hotter version of the X amp). Hitting the X button again returns the amp to the X amp. I toggled the amp type of the X amp & resaved the patches. After that, hitting the X button took me to amp edit mode like normal. I only ever had it do this the first time I hit the X button.

I had the same thing happen on every patch I tried tonight (about 10).

I updated from 7.00 to 8.01 tonight using Axe-Edit. Disconnected the USB & used the front panel only thereafter. I use a Roland FC-200 to change patches.

I have my Axe setup so that the front panel X button goes into the Amp edit mode. The first time I pressed the front panel X button on each preset that I tried, the amp switched to the Y amp (which I typically have setup as a hotter version of the X amp). Hitting the X button again returns the amp to the X amp. I toggled the amp type of the X amp & resaved the patches. After that, hitting the X button took me to amp edit mode like normal. I only ever had it do this the first time I hit the X button.

I noticed the same thing too. No midi controller hooked up right now & no Axe Edit.

Yep, I'm in the same boat but with a few more peculiarities in the mix. I backed up via Axe Edit, installed v8.01 via Axe Edit without a hitch, and then Axe Edit crashed. Test drove a few of my presets and thought they had been totally jacked when I realized they were defaulting to the 'Y' amp which had the 65 BassGuy plugged in to every one of them. So even the presets that I previously had an X and Y setting, the Y setting was changed to the 65 BassGuy.

I launched Axe Edit and it had some difficulty connecting to the Axe which is unusual. I powered off and rebooted and got connected. Then launched Axe Edit, got connected, and attempted a backup. Crashed 20 seconds into it. Tried again, same thing. Tried a third time and now Axe Edit crashes immediately upon launching.

So I'm in the process of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again via the front panel, which I fumble with since I'm more used to using Axe Edit.

So my guess is, I'll be using the front panel for a while until Axe Edit is updated. I'm hoping my presets will be intact once I get through going through each one and resetting them. I'm still learning the Axe II and have a long way to go, so building presets is a time consuming process for me. I wish I was more proficient with the magic box so I could manage these updates easier.

Back
Top Bottom