Possible Levels knob defective?

morcapadonna

Hi all,

I have a problem with "levels" knob number 2.
I checked the forum and the internet for possible solutions but I don't see any. Anyways, here it is:

I have always used output 1 as a split output. Channel left (or right, whatever) into the audio interface and the other channel into an active speaker, for quick practice and setups. The two "levels" pots on the machine would regulate the volume either into the interface or into the speaker. Fine and dandy.

Yesterday i turned the interface on and afterwards i turned on the fm3. Something in the chain didn't like that because the sound from the interface (and its speakers) stopped immediately. Only by cranking the input on the interface one could hear a very faint and crackly guitar tone. Not healthy.

Initially i thought it was the interface but she's fine. Checked the cables, also fine. That's where i went at the FM3 and tried the following: With only one cable connected i tried first output 1 left and then output 1 right. They will both produce regular sound, controllable via "levels" knob 1. This excludes the output sockets.
I checked the I/O and output 1 is set on stereo. I tried also "Sum" and "Copy L->R"...no joy.

Am i missing something or is this a hardware fault? It always worked perfectly.

Oh, i also updated firmware, no dice.
Thank you and if you know of this any help is appreciated.

Sorry, but how is Output Level 2 knob involved?

You've only mentioned Output 1 Left and Right in your post unless by "channels" you meant outputs 1 and 2?

Do you have Output 2 block in your presets? Do you have Output 2 Copy Output 1 in global I/O settings?

The Copy setting only works when there's no Output 2 block in your preset.

Back
Top Bottom