Possible Control Switch Bug

Jack Napalm

Power User
Screenshot of AxeEdit for visualization.

When the lower limit is set to 2 and Upper limit is 1 when selecting the control switch it always goes to 2. Works great when it is reversed. I did it this was as I want my first press to always go back to view 2 at first press. It's somewhat my get out jail card. I know it will always bring me back to the layout I use the most.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.20.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.20.37 PM.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 12
Well, think about it from a logic perspective: 2 is greater than 1, so you have 2 issues you've created.

You can't go below the Lower Limit, so will never get to 1 from 2.

You can go above the Upper Limit, so will never get to 2 from 1.

I'm sure one of them "wins" in this case and it will remain stuck there.

In the words of the infamous doctor, don't do that!

The Footswitch Guide doesn't show View Toggle... But if you could (maybe the FM3 is updated beyond the manual?) then you could use Toggle instead, with Primary of 2 and Secondary of 1?

Maybe a wish?

When I step on the switch I want it to go to Layout 2 first, then a second press Layout 1, Layout 2, etc...
It’s hard to picture it working that way with the upper limit lower than the lower limit. That’s an undefined state, by definition. :). Physically impossible.

Are you using it as a 'Stand-in Switch'?

Other wise, you need to set it to go to Layout 2, Then have that same switch location in Layout 2 set to go back to Layout 1.

Need more info to be of any help... How many Layouts are you using?

If that switch is a 'Stand-in Switch', Try these settings....
Goes to Layout 2 first, from any Layout. Then toggles between 1 and 2 after that. Is that what you needed?
Layout toggle - 2 first.png

If that switch is a 'Stand-in Switch', Try these settings....
Goes to Layout 2 first, from any Layout. Then toggles between 1 and 2 after that. Is that what you needed?

That does it. Thank you! When I discovered views had been added for the FC6 and set this up. It worked the way I wanted. If nothing changed I must have fat fingered it along the way. Odd, because I generally don't go in messing with these settings.

Back
Top Bottom